Arrival

3rd POV
" ...Who stands in my way! You are to attack?! Go ahead, challenge me!" Dark Cacao yelled, his vision woozy and his head lighter than a feather. "Ha ha ha! I see you've made an acquaintance with Ser Tree! That's enough juice for you, my old friend!" She spoke grabbing Dark Cacao by the arm, as she laughed. Honestly she wanted Dark Cacao to relax a bit, though she still didn't want to humiliate him in front of his kingdom. They'd never let it down! "Have an ice cream, it will help clear your head! Here, I brought it from the inn, it's yours!" She informed as she gave him the purple ice cream. "Mmm... I don't eat... sweets..." Dark Cacao informed still in his dazed state, stuttering as he did so. "Oh, come on! One time doesn't count! After all, we haven't seen each other for a long time! Have it before I force you! Ha ha ha!" Hollyberry threatens, though it is the only solution she has. "Fine..." Dark Cacao worded, honestly he wouldn't probably take it out of her hand anyway, he's disoriented as shit and the fact that he wanted to fight a tree was no better. He was practically defenseless in trying to stop himself from eating a simple ice cream. "*Smack smack* It tastes... weird." Dark Cacao remarked, tasting the sorta tacky sweet, though he had to admit, he's feeling kinda sober now... "They only had one flavor: raisin! Ha ha ha ha!" She spoke out...

And as soon as her laughter and she had her fun, she started to get sentimental. "Now tell me, how have you been? I heard there has been quite the ruckus in the Dark Cacao Kingdom?" Hollyberry asks, slightly concerned. "Ahem... Our kingdom was on the brink of destruction. But I also had a chance to look back at my life, and it was only full of regrets." Dark Cacao stated...though he was unsure of this feeling of sentimentality and weakness, he wouldn't show this to anyone, even Pure Vanilla...but he guesses that...this one time wouldn't hurt...god how quickly did he get sober? "More than anything, I was glad to realize how much trust my soldiers put in me. They treasure our kingdom greatly." He spoke...and it was true, after what happened with Dark Choco Cookie the first time and this time...he'd thought he lost the kingdom's trust...and yet, Caramel Arrow Cookie was able to show him the amount of trust that his soldiers had shown to him, was still there. "I'm glad to hear that! In times like this, the most valuable things are friendship and trust!" She said, after all she was the queen of Passion and Love. "And how have you been?" Dark Cacao asks, showing mutual respect. "I met Cookies I'd missed for a long long time. And what do you know! I even met my granddaughter!
She is a bright, strong kid! Very much like me! Ha ha! You learn something important when you come back home after a long journey. Everyone of us has something or something to fight for!" She preached, and honestly, Dark Cacao was happy for her...

"Ah, I see that your courage and passion are burning brighter than ever!" Dark Cacao remarked. "Ha ha! And your resolution and will are still adamant!" Hollyberry replied both making puns to their Soul Jam as well. "...I take it, we've got another chance to stop Dark Enchantress Cookie. This time, we can't let Pure Vanilla Cookie sacrifice everything alone." She spoke. "You are right." Dark Cacao replied, the first time...it was the most heartbreaking thing to have ever happened, they were all so lost and confused on what to do...but now they have him back and this time, they weren't taking any chances. "Today I realized how much I missed Golden Cheese Cookie and White Lily Cookie. I wonder if they are still... You know." Hollyberry worded. Dark Cacao realized what she meant and sighed...

"It has been decades right?" Hollyberry asks, looking to the sky. "Sadly...time moves fast for us heroes, doesn't it? Dark Cacao worded... "Say...did you ever write their name on...?" She asks, Dark Cacao silently nods. "Y'know...when I heard the news from a Ginger Cookie just recently...I couldn't believe it...and the fact that you knew before me was..." She spoke heartbreak in her voice. Dark Cacao looked at her. "You...just heard...? Holly- I thought..." Dark Cacao explains but she knew...the Ginger Cookie that told Dark Cacao years ago didn't tell the others...

GingerCandy is...dead...

"Yeah...they probably couldn't reach us in time as their kingdom had to evacuate to safety...glad thing Gingerbrave was able to find them..." Hollyberry spoke, Dark Cacao acted surprised, Gingerbrave never told them that the cookies were Ginger Cookies until recently. "Haha! News travels slow to you old friend? The Ginger Cookie that brought me the news told me." Hollyberry informed as Dark Cacao mentally facepalmed himself. Of course...

"Still...it's unbelievable...the Soul Jam he had was supposed to keep him from death but...why-why didn't it work?" Hollyberry asks, still in grief. "Why didn't it work Dark Cacao...? Why?" She asks...but they both already knew the answer, Dark Cacao reaches out and hugs her...the only way he knows may comfort her in these trying times...

"You know it doesn't work like that..."

Hollyberry and Dark Cacao failed to hear the sounds of arrival from the Airship port. "Whoah! Lookie-lookie! Welcome, friends!" Gingerbrave greeted with a wave. "Apologies. A quest of great importance delayed us." Espresso Cookie spoke upon arrival, landing somehow with poise and grace. "Fate has finally brought us to the fabled Vanilla Kingdom! Ha ha! As always, I go where my presence is needed!" Madeleine Cookie remarked upon arrival, his armor gleaming in the sun. "I hear the Republic has seen many changes since our departure. Clotted Cream Cookie has become the new Consul. I recall him being but a novice politician. Indeed, the political situation across the sea is difficult to predict!" Espresso worded, things Gingerbrave barely understood, so he just...nodded. "Ah, I can't wait to meet my fellow Republicans! Do you know where we can find Clotted Cream Cookie?" Madeleine asks. "Follow me! I'll lead the way!" Gingerbrave motions leading them in the direction of Clotted Cream's chambers. "Nice cape Gingerbrave, latest fashion in the [Insert Kingdom name] Kingdom?" Madeleine remarks. "You like it?" Gingerbrave asks gleefully. "I say it suits you, after all you are becoming a sensation throughout Earthbread, almost half the world has heard of your adventures!" Madeleine replied, as they chatted away into Clotted Cream's Chambers.