Suspicion arise

3rd POV

Clotted Cream pondered in the Sanctum... "Consul. Your efforts over the past few days have yielded great results. All of the Elders seem pleased with your progress." Financier tried to resolve, as Clotted Cream seemed bothered. "Yet I personally am not. There is still an enigma that perplexes me...The masked Cookies from before." He spoke then turning to Financier. "Their movements were far from haphazard. They moved methodically, and their strike was coordinated. It seemed as if they knew when and where we would be... And how the Soul Jam was being transported. What's more... The Reliquary was enchanted with some of the strongest hexes and security devices known to the Republic. And they cut through it all like a knife through butter." He analyzed. "No one knew of such details... Except for the Elders." He spoke, causing the rest of the Republicans (referring to Madeleine, Espresso and Financier) to widen their eyes in shock. "Sir, but that would... Are you suggesting that one of the Elders might be engaging in such subterfuge?!" Financier asked defensively, was the Consul accusing such crime?! Especially from the Elders?!...

...

"I... My behavior and words are unbefitting of my position. My apologies, Consul." Financier spoke calming herself. "Nothing more than speculation at the moment... Without more details, we would only come to an erroneous conclusion. But I cannot purge this thought from my mind... There is a veil of duplicity and deceit surrounding us." Clotted Cream spoke... "What must we do, sire?! The Elders are the foremost authority in the Republic. Even on their own, they hold great power and influence! We cannot investigate them on a whim!" Madeleine asked, knowing full well the dangers he faces. "Words are a powerful tool. They are also a window into one's soul. Perhaps we can uncover more through dialogue." Clotted Cream explains. "However, my administrative duties restrain me from ascertaining the full truth on my own. I ask for your assistance and cooperation in investigating the Elders."

"I shall speak with Elders Oyster and Custard Cookie. Would you be willing to approach the others?" He asks all of them. "I have a rising suspicion that each Elder has made their own personal conclusions about Soul Jam. Perhaps they will unwittingly reveal their intentions." Clotted Cream explained. "You can trust us, Clotted Cream Cookie! We'll find out what's going on!" Gingerbrave replied, however, he wasn't focused on the White Masks at the moment...he was going to find out who this cookie in black was...the one who KNEW he was a Soul Jam wielder...hmm...Madeleine maybe? He knows... "You have my sincerest thanks. Now then, Espresso Cookie. I trust that you will begin your research the moment you return to the Institute?" Clotted Cream redirected. "Mind you... there are many eyes carefully watching every turn of this research. Your results will surely influence Earthbread's politics as well as other spheres of life." He warned as Espresso lifted his head. "I know you are eager to begin... but I must ask, not just for formality. Will you be able to handle such a tremendous task? Can I ask you to bring a new age of peace and prosperity to all Cookies of Earthbread?" He asked. "Yes, I shall." Espresso replied, feeling the weight on his back just a little. "I leave the sciencing to you! HA HA! Ha... Then what should I do? Hmm..." Madeleine says wrapping is arm around Espresso. "AH! AH HA! I got it! My new friends from afar, it would be an honor to invite you to stay at Mansion Madeleine during your visit! The sunlight radiates throughout its halls, warm and comfortable chambers every which way, and most of all... It's MY home! HA HA HA!" He says, keeping up the act. " An excellent idea, Ser Madeleine Cookie. I hope everyone may rest and recuperate well at Mansion Madeleine." Clotted Cream agreed.

(I just realized it was short excuse-)