Preparation

3rd POV

Gingerbrave stared at the parchment of paper, holding the quill in hand, contemplating whether or not to involve GingerPeach into the situation...

Maybe even ask about this 'Cult'

He thought...looking at the parchment blankly...constantly putting the quill back and picking it up again...

He doesn't know if that's a safe option...he doesn't know if that's ok...

What if they get hurt in the crossfire? What if they disagree? What if this another problem that shouldn't be bothered with? He placed the quill down, this time placing his hands together and staring at the blank parchment of paper, in full concentration...

...

...

...

"Gingerbrave?" He flinched at the sound of Crunchy Chip's voice, "Oh...it's just you..." Gingerbrave said, nervously putting a hand on the back of his neck, "Don't mind me...just thinking..." He said looking over the parchment of paper once more...

...
...
...

"You thinkin' of callin' for backup?" Crunchy Chip asked to which Gingerbrave sighed an nodded. "Go for it..." Crunchy Chip stated bluntly to which Gingerbrave only looked at him confused. "What? Look, I know whatever these Elders say they can handle it, but if your gut tell yout they can't, then go with your gut!" Crunchy Chip advised, "Are you sure? Because...what if I'm overreacting?" The young cookie spoke to which the Captain sighed and found a seat for him to take. "I'm pretty sure that none of these people are prepared for war other than that...Captain Caviar Cookie." Crunchy Chip spoke. "I've been lookin' at the Paladins and their stories of slaying monsters...most of the time the monster attacks at random and they aren't even prepared..." he explained "Plus, this place hasn't experienced war in a long time, look at the cookies everywhere, it looks so...relaxing! Everyone's so... 'chill?' Is that how that says?"

"And judging by that attack and the attempt in stealing, they don't really do well in security, how in the world did a golem end up in the middle of the city?" Gingerbrave took in the information...true that the Paladins and the multiple security forces of the Republic are as skilled as most warriors, but Crunchy Chip has a point...most of the monsters that the Paladins have faced are outside the Republic, and even with Madeleine, the guild still needed Tea Knight Cookie to boost them up. Not to mention the lack of security with the golem, sure Elder Mille-Fuielle was involved, but the other Elders who weren't involved in the plan should have noticed this security issue shouldn't they?...

...
...
...

Gingerbrave smiled at him. "Thanks Crunchy Chip Cookie...it really helped!" He spoke. "No problem! I'm a Captain, I know my way around these things..." Crunchy Chip informed, standing up and leaving the room, Gingerbrave then stared at the parchment of paper...

Wizard stared at the book about Phoenix Feathers...after Gingerbrave left his room, Wizard came to check and found more Phoenix Feathers in his bed...now he's looking at a book to try and bring them back from the dead...or something...

Cause like...Phoenixes have revival properties it shouldn't be too hard?

Wizard looked at the book, "Now...if I can do this flame correctly...without breaking anything..." Wizard remarked...carefully trying to wave his staff around, after all it was a former Witch's Wand. Before suddenly-

"Wizard!" Wizard shrieked when Espresso came in and suddenly, it started a chain reaction, causing the magic to bounce around the room, they immediately ducked and dodged the magical beam before Wizard stopped it with a plate. "Aw man...how expensive was that?" Wizard asked, looking at the pile of dust that's now on the floor. "Erm...Don't worry, I'll pay for it..." Espresso says looking at the pile of Phoenix feathers on the table. "What are you doing?"

"Well...if we're to continue the research, we can't have us constantly looking for Phoenix Feathers...sure one feather is enough to make at least 5 Magic Candy, but if we're mass-producing, we should be able to have an unlimited supply of them..." Wizard says looking over the book again. "You want to...revive a Phoenix...so you can pluck its feathers out?" Espresso said uncomfortably. "PSHH! NO! There's another way to get Phoenix Feathers from them by NOT abusing them!" Wizard stated. "Look! Phoenixes shed most of their feathers than most birds, due to how much heat the produce in their body, their feathers tend to make their body too warm, and so the shed in order to regulate their body temperature..." Wizard explained, showing them a page in the book. "And since one feather is enough to make 5 Magic Candy, then this should be enough to mass-produce it!" He spoke, looking at the instructions on how Phoenix reproduce/rebirth themselves. Espresso was impressed at the child, knowing the he will grow into something great one day...of course he'll never be able to say it out loud...

...

Ha...

"And just a little bit of fire magic..." Wizard said waving his wand. "Wait, fire magic?!" Espresso asked looking at Wizard. "Yep, an a little douse and-!"

Explosion filled the room as they got suddenly pulled aback. "Wizard?! Wizard, are you alright?!" Espresso asked looking at the young cookie in concern and checking if he was injured. Wizard then stood up ecstatically after he heard chirps...He quickly got up and looked at the table. "HAH! HAHAHAAHAH! It worked! It worked!" Wizard cheered, looking at the little Phoenix with awe. "Hello little guy..." Wizard spoke, looking at the baby bird with awe. Espresso fixed his glasses. "Well, I'll be damned..." he spoke.
"It really did work..."

"YOU-! BARBAR-!"

"DAMN HERETIC! You dare snuff us out-?!"

"FLEE MY FELLOW COOKIES! CONTINUE THE WILL OF PRO-"

"Y-You...what kind of, warrior of the gods are you?! This! This is Massacre!"

what kind of, warrior of the gods are you?! This! This is Massacre!"

"You dare call yourself an emissary of gods?!"

"How is that any different to what you do?" Madeleine spoke, "Sacrificing cookies just for your god? How low even for the witches..."

"Tell you what? I'll let you leave...but know this...I won't stop until every last one of you cultists falls..."

"You wish for war?! A war of gods?! Not even a member of the Paladins would stoop this low!"

"Good thing I'm not a Paladin anymore..."