-7-

The day after, Slughorn's invitation to his party for students he found 'exceptional' came in the morning. As I found out, Harry and Hermione were invited too, as they came up to me asking if I would join them. I had to turn them down because I wouldn't be able to. The previous night, after Draco woke up, he asked to go with him since we were the only ones from our year in our house invited to Slughorn's party. Not to seem rude, I told them that someone had already invited me because I knew Draco and Harry didn't get along.

"Is there any dress code for this?" Harry asked while looking through the letter.

"It's a party, I'd guess, maybe something semi-formal," Hermione answered.

"Honestly, I only want to be there just for the food," I answered eating my breakfast "Or, to be on his shelf of students he taught."

"Why is that?" Hermione asked quirking an eyebrow.

"Well, for recognition, obviously. Wouldn't want my kids running around here, not knowing how much of a good student their mother was," I answered laughing. "Need to serve an example to future generations."

"Out of topic, but don't you have a game today against us?" Harry asked looking at me.

"Yeah, we do, but don't think about us, think about your ginger friend." I said looking towards the entrance of the Great Hall, "he looks like he is about to throw up, maybe cheer him up before you face utter humiliation."

As I said that, Hermione and Harry looked towards the door and ran up to Ron to cheer him up. It was a sign for me to get prepared myself, as the game was in an hour from now, and concentrating on winning was a priority. I got up and went up to Luna and Leila to tell them that I was going to the changing room to practice on the field for a bit. Then I made them promise to cheer on me throughout the whole game which they agreed to.

After I changed, I took my broom and got out on the field to be met by none other than Draco. He was also there to practice before the game.

"Nervous, L/N?" Draco asked turning around to face me with a smirk "First game, right?"

"Precisely, Malfoy," I answered mimicking his tone.

"Don't be nervous, just do your job and let me catch the snitch." Draco said looking at the three rings right above us, "Not like, I wouldn't be able to."

"Don't be too full of yourself, will you now?" I said with my eyebrows furrowed, "Did you get the letter from Slughorn?"

"Obviously, wouldn't be a party without me there, would it now?" he asked sarcastically.

"Did anyone ever tell you that your ego sometimes is just too much to handle?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Good thing you are the only one able to actually handle it."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Flash news: we lost. Not something our team would have expected, since Ron Weasley was on the team, but proved himself quite worthy of his position as the keeper. Shouldn't have made that remark to Harry in the morning; my words got back at us. However, it didn't affect my performance whatsoever. Still managed to score 15 goals, but most of my attempts were blocked by Weasley. I was a tad bit disappointed, to say the least.

It was now evening and all Slytherins gathered in the common room arguing about how bad we did in the game. Draco wasn't there which came across as surprising; you know, especially after he lost the game he should have shown. Or who knows, maybe he was too embarrassed to see me after letting his ego break loose.  I wasn't mad at him, no, more concerned about what Flint was going to say to him after missing 3 opportunities of catching the damn snitch. After a while, though, the Slytherins went to bed, leaving me alone in front of the fireplace burning with green flames. So, with that, I drifted to sleep.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Pst, you dimwit, you will catch a cold if you sleep like that." I heard Draco's harsh voice say, "Wake up and go to bed."

I got up and saw him standing right above me with his arms crossed in front of his chest. However, something wasn't right with him; he was pale and had dark eye circles under his eyes. Concerned to see him in a state like this I woke myself up fully.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly, "I think me getting a cold should be the last of your concerns, you look like you faced death just now."

Draco looked at me with no emotion on his face. As he was staring into my eyes with his, I saw the green flames dancing slowly in them. His eyes were expressionless, however: sad. They were so beautiful, yet full of nothing but melancholy and anger. I got lost in them; looking for an answer to what was the matter, why was he like this, or why was he so wistful most nights. I wanted to understand him.

But then, I felt him lean over the couch. I felt his warmth hovering over me, but then it all went cold when his icy lips touched my forehead.

"It's nothing you should be worried about," Draco whispered into my ear and went towards the staircase, "After all, if you can handle my ego, why can't I handle myself like this?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇