-20-

(play the song above)

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

As I carefully walked through the empty corridors of the school leading to the dungeon where my house was, I remembered sudden glimpses of memories of me and Draco sneaking out in the middle of the night trying to avoid Filch. A small smile appeared on my lips at the memory of almost being caught by him once. These memories were worth remembering.

The whole year was full of fear that surrounded the walls of the castle; students and staff didn't feel safe, however, I on the other hand met someone who would change that one night in the Slytherin common room. Never did I think that Luna's advice about being positive when times were dark would help me get through the year mentally. But fortunately, I did and spent the best year at Hogwarts with the person I care for most. For the person I loved.

We had our fair share of ups and downs; however, we were always there for each other. No matter what bad events occurred happened during the day, they would be gone by the time the moon was up in the sky. Heck, even something as dark as him being a Death Eater didn't change anything we had. Although, as of now, it did cause some trouble...No matter, we'd figure everything out and make most of the night like we always did, wouldn't we?

When I got to the door of the Slytherin I stopped to admire the entrance door. Why was it always that my house would be presented in the worst light? Why was it that most who learned here turned out to be either miserable or hated? Why was it that most of us were looked down on by all and never trusted? I could never understand that. Why did a student from this house have to face most misfortune and terror? The serpent is prideful, yet terrified of and terrifies with that same pride it carries.

With no more hesitation in mind, I whispered the password and went into the dark common room only illuminated by its green light. And there he was, Draco Malfoy in all of his glory sitting alone on the couch. This scene was awfully familiar, but there was something off about it. Or something off about the blonde. He looked almost ill: his eyes dark yet soft, skin pale like snow, his veiny hands shaking with cold and foot tapping angrily against the hard floor. He was dressed in all black with a beautiful silver ring on the same finger he wears it on.

I sat on the couch next to him with my legs against my chest, hugging myself. I looked at the necklace he gave me and grabbed it for comfort, examining the small scratches on it that I had never really paid any attention to. I looked toward the clock hanging above the fireplace seeing that it was already 20 minutes past the time we had agreed on meeting. Seemed as though time didn't want us to sit in silence long.

"Did you curse me yesterday?" I asked monotonously not taking my eyes off the clock.

"I did," Draco answered coldly with a mild tone of shame in his voice.

"Why?" I questioned and snapped back to look at him, "How did that awful idea cross your mind?"

Draco shifted uncomfortably in his place then took a look at me. From what his face suggested, he was sorry about it, I knew. But I wondered why.

"Thought you would hate me for it," Draco answered still not looking at me, "You would forget and leave all of this behind."

"Why would you want me to hate you though?" I asked raising my voice a little.

"Why? Well, I don't want you to suffer," Draco answered nonchalantly.

"As if I wouldn't suffer when you'd actually kill somebody," I said harshly, "Look at me when we talk."

Draco shot his attention directly to me as I said that.

"Why would you call me out here anyway? Isn't it contradicting what you are trying to do here? Make me want to hate you?" I started to get angry, "I'd put you first on the list of people I hate if you didn't say something before you left. But now, you choose to do this all of a sudden?"