-10-

a/n: play the song above when mentioned in the story :)

I heard a light knock on the door of the girl's dorms in the Slytherin house. Rubbing my eyes, I woke up and went up to see who it was and what they needed. I turned on the little light on my nightstand and went to the door.

"Hey there, were you sleeping?" I heard Draco's voice in a whisper.

"What do you think, genius?" I answered trying to get a clear image of him, "What's wrong?"

I finally managed to open my eyes fully and saw Draco in his sleeping clothes and messy hair staring at me with a tired facial expression. His eyes were so dim, that the dark undereye circles didn't make him look better.

"I can't sleep," Draco said looking at me, "Can we walk around the castle together so I can get my mind off some things?"

"Sure, let me get my jacket," I said going back into the dorm, "Take one for yourself too, you might catch a cold."

"Already have it," he replied and opened the door for me to come out of the room.

"What time is it?" I asked looking at him while we were going down the stairs.

"It's 3 in the morning," Draco answered coldly brushing his hand through his hair and dropping it back down.

I wondered if Filch was awake because the last thing I wanted was for us to get detention the first thing for the start of the new semester. But knowing Filch, he must have fallen asleep in his room already. So, without any more concerns, I followed Draco out of the Slytherin common room.

When we were already out in the corridors, nothing but pour steps could be heard in echoes. The castle was truly the most beautiful at night, yet I felt so unsafe and scared here. I started thinking about what could have happened to Draco just a few hours after we told each other our 'good nights. Surely something must have been bugging him the whole night, Merlin, the whole semester. This boy has been nothing but a mystery to me ever since we started hanging out at night together in the common room. Draco won't be open with me, but can I blame him? Half the time I can't be honest or direct with him either.

As I was lost in my mind thinking about Draco in circles, I suddenly heard his tender voice.

"Look, the stars are so beautiful, Y/N," he said pointing his finger in the direction of the window.

They really were beautiful.

"That gives me an idea," he suddenly raised his voice, "What if we go to the astronomy tower?"

"You must be crazy, Draco, what if someone catches us?" I said worriedly looking at him.

"They won't if we don't let them," Draco said with a small smile on his lips, "You won't regret it, I promise."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

(play the song above)

He was right, I didn't.

We finally arrived at the astronomy tower. The snow had relatively stopped, but still, it was quite cold, yet warmness filled the room with the minute that passed. I found myself a seat near the telescope on the stairs, while Draco stood on the balcony admiring the stars the night had to offer. The empty room was dark, although my and Draco's wand's lights brightened it. In this reality, everything seemed to have disappeared and had left only the two of us together alone. The room, yet again, got filled with the oh-so-familiar silence which made both of us lose touch with what really was happening. Just me and Draco: me admiring the new necklace-ring he gave me, and him admiring our presence.

But sadly, the silence got interrupted by his footsteps nearing toward me; with his hand reaching out to mine.

"Care to dance?" he asked politely with his signature smirk on his face. 

"Why not," I replied hesitantly.

I stood up taking his warm hand and intertwining mine in it, secretly hoping he would never let go. But then, as if on cue, he gracefully dragged me toward the center of the room, and he placed his other hand on my waist gently. And so, we started to dance.

There was no music playing anywhere, but I could feel a piano ringing in my ears from afar, playing its tiles itself as we put our steps.

But then I looked up and saw him looking back with his silver eyes filled with sorrow, opaque. Oh, the things I would give to see and understand more of what was going on in his head. Why does he hide and fear so much of what he can share with me? Why does he not get that I wouldn't dare to criticize him vainly? Why does he never reply when I ask him 'what's wrong'? Why does he act so distant from the one he cherishes special moments with? Why does he dance with the one he gives his ring to? So many 'why's, and yet, no 'because'.

Why do I want him to trust me at all when I am the one who is unable to do so myself?

I don't trust him, that, I know. But the question is, why do I still give him my hand to dance the waltz and fall so deep in his eyes again?

No, I didn't fall in his eyes, this time, I fell for him. 

Suddenly, his head fell onto my shoulder covering his face, while moving slowly to the slowing song. He took a deep breath looked me in the eyes with a piercing gaze and said:

"I think I fell for you."

I heard him whisper as the piano stopped.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇