-15-

Winter ended quickly and came by the spring. A few weeks into spring were uneventful and boring, the only factor that made being in school exciting was Draco. We would occasionally stay in the common room till late at night, but lately, we have been sneaking around the castle running away from Filch and our worries. Both of us were comforted by one another's presence; at those moments it was as if we were the only ones in the world where there were no problems, no school, no Voldemort. It wasn't a secret to anyone that me and Draco were friends as they saw us hanging out together most of our free time. We didn't argue but actually argued together with Potter, since, you know, the latter almost killed both of us.

A few days ago, an owl flew into the Hall while we were having breakfast with a letter inviting me to Slughorn's spring-themed dinner party. Well, it wasn't a party, more like a formal occasion where we had to show up with pairs all dressed up nicely. We would only eat dinner with Slughorn, take pictures for his collection then say our 'thank you's for the school year. I wanted to take Luna or Leila but both of them had been invited by someone else in the Slug club. What better partner for a dinner party at Slughorn's than Draco Malfoy? He would definitely dress up nice and would very much be a great addition to the fun at the party. So, with that in mind, I invited him to the party as my partner in our next Potions class to which he agreed with great excitement.

"The dress code is fancy," I said crossing my arms, "So don't show up looking like you came from a funeral, dress up a bit lighter."

"I'm sure that whatever I wear is going to swipe you off your feet, L/N, so don't critique what I wear," Draco replied sarcastically stirring the Amorentia we were supposed to make while Slughorn was out for a cup of tea, "besides, aren't you the one who should be concerned about what you are going to wear?"

"Whatever I wear is going to swipe you off your feet," I mimicked Draco's voice going back to my cauldron, "Meet me in the common room tomorrow at 20:30, the party is at 20:45."

"Your wish is my command," Draco said smirking then went back to helping Goyle not to blow the whole classroom up.

As I approached Leila at my desk, she was looking at me with utter shock on her face.

"You just invited Malfoy to Slughorn's? Did your brain malfunction or did give you the Amorentia potion?" she asked quite concerned about the whole situation.

"What's wrong with inviting him?" I shrugged looking at her, "He is a friend so I thought why not?"

"That did not look like friendship to me, it's giving flirtatious talking," Leila answered adding something weird into her cauldron, "Why didn't you invite Blaise?"

"He invited Pansy; besides, it would be weird to invite him," I answered nonchalantly.

"Not weirder than you going to a party with Malfoy," she sighed dropping the book on the table, "This bloody potion might accidentally be a start of a new disease."

"You are not built for Potions," I chuckled.

"Oh, shut up, I'm better in Charms than you," Leila answered laughing.

( feel free to choose your own outfit, would love to see them :) )

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"I thought I told you not to wear black specifically," I sighed when I came out of the girl's dorm room looking at Draco dressed in a black suit and white shirt, "But I suppose, you don't look bad at all."

"I wanted to compliment you, but oh well, since I 'don't look bad' you don't look horrific as I had imagined," Draco replied sarcastically eyeing me up and down, "Ready to go?"