-8-

Slughorn's party was organized 3 days before Christmas break, meaning, it was on the 21st which was today. I got myself a nice fit from Hogsmeade previously not to worry about it later. The party was at 9 in the evening, so I and Draco agreed to meet up in the common room at 8:45.

The day passed by like a blur; we had tests for Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts, on which I did well. It was now lunch and I met up with Luna and Leila to have a walk near Black Lake.

"I am jealous of whoever was invited to Slughorn's party," Leila sighed "The food must be delicious and it will be a lot of fun."

"Believe me, knowing Slughorn, we are going to talk about his personal life rather than play, say, truth or dare," I responded.

"Wasn't that a muggle type of game?" Luna chimed in, "Rumor has it, whoever plays it, becomes enemies with the opponent."

"That could be true, Loony," I pointed out, "muggles are capable of creating things which have horrible consequences."

"Having a mom who told me all about truth or dare confirms, that the game actually is friendship-destructive." Leila agreed.

"What time is it?" I asked looking at Luna who always had a pocket watch in her coat.

Luna took out her watch and examined it to say it was 2. We then, knowing there was nothing left to do for the rest of the day as classes ended went our separate ways to our dorms.

When I was on the way to grab the books, left in the Great Hall I saw Hermione coming out of there.

"Hey there stranger, where you headed?" I asked cheekily waving my hand to grab her attention.

"Hey, going to our common room, why?" she turned around and asked.

"Want to walk together? I am trying to kill time, you know." I suggested hoping she would agree. Really, it was so boring and I had nothing to do, so the company would be nice.

"I don't see why not." Hermione smiled at me and crossed her arms.

"Just hold up, I'll grab my books then we can go," I said then ran into the Great Hall, took my books then came back to where she was. With that, we headed to the Gryffindor house.

"Are you and Harry going to Slughorn's together?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"No, I am going with Cormac." Hermione sighed at the mention of his name.

"Cormac? As in, the guy who won't leave you alone?" I asked surprised, "Thought you hated him."

"I do, but I have my reasons to do so." She replied nonchalantly.

"It's about a certain ginger I reckon." I smirked, "Didn't he get a girlfriend right after demolishing us in quidditch?"

"Honestly, Y/N, that ginger gives me a headache," she sighed again, "Why would anyone want to go out with someone who kissed you firsthand, not even knowing you personally? If you ask me, Ron lost it."

"So, it is about Weasley then," I answered, "Don't worry, he'll come around soon enough, just wait."

"What about you? Who are you going with?" Hermione changed the subject.

"A certain serpent," I replied smiling.

"You mean Zabini, right? He is a good guy from what I heard." Hermione said thinking.

"No, not him, I meant Draco," I replied defensively.

"Huh?" Hermione looked at me dumbfounded, "Didn't you two, kind of, hate each other?"