-9-

Christmas break. Everyone, including my friends, went away to their families. My parents sent an owl about an unexpected trip they were going to, so I wouldn't be able to spend my Christmas with them. The castle was almost empty; just a few students were staying. All the Slytherins went away and I had no one to at least have fun with, or did I? Draco was the only one staying and I have a feeling that this Christmas stay at Hogwarts would be the most memorable in all the years I have studied here. Right after Hogwarts Express left, me and Draco collectively decided to go to Hogsmeade to buy presents for our friends, although it did come across as odd that Draco would gift things willingly. I did mention this to him, and he was very offended about it.

I didn't have much money on me, so my last resort was to buy wool to knit cute stuffed animals for my friends to send out. I decided to make one for Draco too; just out of appreciation for not being an ass for a whole semester. Never did I think that I, out of all people, would want to make a Christmas gift for Draco. Sure, if someone put their wand on my head, I would do it. So, to make it an unexpected surprise for him too, I decided not to tell him about what I will be buying or giving gifts to.

When I and Draco finished buying all the stuff we needed for the presents, we decided to walk around Hogsmeade and buy some snacks from stands. We came across one stand which was full of muggle-inspired snacks. Both of us were intrigued by the candy they called candy canes which were supposedly nothing but sugar and not firecrackers when you bit into them as they sold in Diagon Alley.

"How much are these?" I asked politely smiling at the woman who was selling them.

"2 Knuts, sweety," she answered smiling "3 if you buy two; I don't charge extra for couples as bonnie as you."

Draco looked at me with a suggestive smirk on his face. He was trying to hold in a laugh because of how red my face got at the assumption the lady made.

"Oh, you got it wrong, we are just friends," I said scratching my head awkwardly, "We will take two, let me just get my purse."

Draco chuckled, "Don't, I'll pay," he said reaching his hand out to the woman giving her 5 Knuts, "Thank you."

Draco took the candy cane from the stand, gave one to me, and started walking toward the Shrieking Shack's pathway. I opened my candy cane and started eating it. I must have been too happy about the sweet snack because as soon as I looked at Draco, he was smiling at me.

"What's so amusing to you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," he shrugged licking his own candy cane, "just you eating stupid candy like a kid is funny,"

"Hey, it's not stupid candy, it's a work of art," I said pointing my candy cane at him threateningly, "Why are we going to the Shrieking Shack? Isn't it haunted or something?"

"Who said we are going there?" Draco looked at me with a grimace on his face, "I just know a place where we can sit and relax before going back to school."

"Okay, captain, lead the way."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Draco, this place is bloody creepy," I said turning my head around to avoid any threat approaching.

"You said to lead the way, I lead the way," Draco answered crossing his arms, "Don't complain."

How could I not complain, though? This place was in the middle of the woods 50 meters away from the haunted shack, all surrounded by trees covered in the whitest snow which made everything dark here, and a singular stone bench in the middle. The entrance to this place was a wooden braided arc which was just a bit more than Draco's height. To say it was a place where you could relax was a mistake.