-13-

After what had happened, I rushed to my Charms class where I met up with Leila. She was concerned about why I had my face all in dust and my robe was torn, so I had to explain the whole situation to her after class. To say that she told a few people about my bravery was a mistake: suddenly all of Slytherin found out that Y/N L/N got their house most points in the whole year because of stepping into a fight to stop it. That is why as soon as I put my foot into the common room everyone started flooding me with praises and hyping me up.

"Potter really sucked ass, didn't he?!" I heard someone yell from one corner.

Well, that was partly true; I got my ass kicked in the fight to the point I had to visit madame Pomfrey for some pain killers, but no one seemed to know about that. Got to hand it to Leila; she really did twist the whole story to make it seem like I was this invincible figure. My minute of fame was pleasant, no argument there, but I was bloody annoyed when first years tried to get my signature.

"I don't really know, but I think you kicked Potter's ass this morning," I heard Blaise say sarcastically from behind me, "Hello, haven't spoken to you in ages and this is what happens?"

"Jealous, Zabini?" I smirked giving him a fist bump, but then the warmness in the room shifted when Draco entered the room. Everyone went silent and even the first years ran to their dorms. Clearly, something wasn't told and it made Draco look like a villain. Or not. It wouldn't be surprising if he had threatened everyone if they spoke about the fight in the bathroom. Then I saw him avert his gaze to me. His posture relaxed but there was a hint of angriness plastered on his face. I should talk to him tonight and figure out what was the whole ordeal about. Draco then proceeded to go upstairs and slam the dorm door behind him.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Zabini sighed as he looked at where Draco left, "Guess we won't be having sleep tonight because he will be yelling at everyone."

"Don't think so," I noticed, "Draco's too tired to yell at everyone, he probably fell asleep already."

"First name basis, L/N?" Zabini smirked at me with his arms crossed, "Thought you hated each other, what happened while I wasn't present?"

"Oh, shut it, Blaise," I hit his shoulder, "Anyway everyone's going to sleep and I think that I should too."

"Whatever you say, later," Blaise waved at me then went upstairs to the boys' dorm.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I couldn't sleep. Everything was on my mind and I was trying to connect the dots to at least get a clearer picture of the situation. I couldn't sleep for what seemed like hours. It was 2 in the morning already; the perfect time to meet up with him. So, I decided to go downstairs to have him help me sleep. But it was different this time.

As I quietly opened the door and headed downstairs to the common room, I noticed a certain presence that I always felt was gone. I took a look at the fireplace and saw no one sitting there looking at the green flames aimlessly. There was no one who was staring far into the distance lost in their own mind, searching for the solution to the problem. Draco wasn't there.

I made myself comfortable on the couch, put my legs in front of my chest, and stared into the fireplace. I always wondered how these green flames became, well, green. Was it some magic or was it some special type of wood? That being said, I should ask about it when I see Snape next time.

And so, instead of usual relaxing, I started to think.

All of this started when me and Draco started talking in the first week of school. He seemed completely out of it and told me something had been on his mind a lot. He was very dramatic about it but I didn't pay any attention to it. But then the party incident happened.