-18-

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

(play the song above)

I was running, tears running down my tears as the blonde went farther and farther away. The bridge was half broken, I didn't know if it was sturdy enough. It felt as if I could never reach him. My vision was blurry, salty tears making it hard to see the obstacles in front of me. My breath was shaky, my heart was pounding hard against my chest more than ever before. I couldn't breathe. He was right there. A few meters away. If I had enough strength just to yell out his name. If only I could muster up the courage to do so. If only I could...

"DRACO BLOODY MALFOY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs hoping he would hear.

As he turned around with the two people he was accompanied by, I ran faster to get to them my wand up in the air, ready to throw Draco off the bridge at any given moment.

"HOW DARE YOU?!" I yelled throwing a blasting curse at the bottom of his feet, "YOU DIMWITTED GIT, HOW DARE YOU?!"

I threw the long-haired man and the woman who spoke softly away from Draco making it easier for me to deal with him alone. They would be down for a few minutes. I only had little time.

Draco quickly took his wand out pointing it in my direction with coldness plastered all over his face. It seemed as though he wasn't there, as if he was enchanted and wanted to do nothing but run away. His eyes were emptier than before, lips pale, and hands shaking.

"I WISH YOU WERE DEAD, DRACO! YOU PROMISED!" I yelled out once again with tears glossing my vision and carelessly throwing curses at him over and over again.

"YOU LEFT ME!" I cried throwing another curse, which he blocked once more, "YOU LEFT ME HANGING THREE TIMES! AM I NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!"

This got Draco's attention. His eyes were not fuming with anger and misery.

"Not enough for me?" Draco whispered to himself trying to hold in his chuckle, "NOT ENOUGH FOR ME?!"

"Merlin, Y/N, you will never fail to surprise me with the choice of words you use," Draco said already losing his cool.

He raised his wand throwing spells and curses at me in return which took me by surprise. I blocked most of them trying not to panic about the whole situation. The bridge wasn't so sturdy; any wrong move and both of us would be as good as dead.

"YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME?! HELL, YOU ARE JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE ME DESPISE MY OWN BEING!" Draco yelled back waving his wand and sending another Bombarda my way.

"ALL YOU DO IS EXIST AND I CAN NOT CONTROL MY OWN THOUGHTS AND HOLD MY PRINCIPLES HIGH! YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I AM NEVER ENOUGH FOR YOU!" Draco yelled again lowering his wand.

"OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU ARE THE MOST SELF CENTERED, WEAK AND COWARDLY, MALFOY," I yelled back trying to wipe my tears away, "YOU PROMISED ME THE SMALLEST THING, YET FAILED TO EVEN ACHIEVE THAT! YOU ARE A JOKE!"

"AND YOU ARE THE NUISANCE WHO MAKES ME FEEL THIS WAY, MAKE ME FEEL AT MY WORST WHEN I SHOULD FEEL AT MY BEST! I AM NEVER GOING TO BE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO BE SATISFIED, WE ARE SO CLOSE YET SO FAR APART!"

I stood there motionless, looking at the blonde losing all his sanity slowly but steadily. His eyes were full of the same melancholy I have always known but stronger. He was shaking uncontrollably moving his wand around as he spoke. He had lost all his sense of what was right and wrong. Hatred had blinded him.

"I HATE YOU! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME, Y/N L/N!" Draco continued sobbing, eyes staring right into my soul looking for an answer.

There was a minute of silence between us. I must have turned pale from all the fear and numbness. Draco couldn't find himself at the moment. He was too far gone into hatred. He hated himself so much he despised the only one he had loved the most. He lost all sense of rationality.

Unfortunately, the same would go for me.

"Just die, will you?" Draco spat, his anger resurfacing, "You mean nothing to me."

If I meant nothing to him, then what was the point of all of this?

"All the times I had thought I loved you. All the times I thought you were the one who'd save me from all the misery. All that time was wasted on nothing but stupidity," Draco continued, "I now realize, that I never even loved you. All the times you called me a coward, I was not. All the times you called me best, I never was. You are just a nullity to me."

How wrong he was.

"Then kill me," I replied nonchalantly, "Like you promised to kill Dumbledore. Prove yourself as a man who isn't a coward."

She felt a lone tear roll down her cheek as she saw Draco raise his wand to point at her. There really was no point, was there? He was her everything, now, even he was gone. The Draco she knew wasn't there. He was now merciless, no different from all the others that have passed along like him. He was a Slytherin; just another snake.

"I love you," she managed to say, choking on her own tears.

...

"I love you too," he said, but it was too late.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Say, Draco," she said suddenly which made the boy jump a little, "What would be the most painful death?"

"Honestly, I don't even want to think about it," Draco replied looking into her eyes, "but I suppose, being killed by the one you hate most isn't the most entertaining way to die."

"Fair point, but that's a bit argumentative," she said putting her head into her palm.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked confused.
"Well, what if you get killed by the one you love and trust most? Don't you think it'd be far more painful to see the one you love most in the whole wide world kill you?" she asked rhetorically.

"But what if you don't have the one you love most?" Draco asked leaning forward, "Is it considered a boring death in your book?"

"Well, not boring, rather relieving. It's better for your own sake," she answered coldly looking down at the table, "You will have a quick and painless death."

Unfortunately, she had the one she loved most.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

⋇⋆⋇