Save Haven

Note: 18+ content

The Little Rainbow is a bit busier on Friday mornings, people need that extra kick in the morning to get through their last working day. Allie and Andy happened to need it really bad. The moment she sees him, her face lights up with a sun ray smile that has his heart leaping.

Allie looks at him as if he is her favorite person, which he feels he does not deserve.

After going to Kate's house, he ended up driving back home around 2 am. It is his fault, Kate kind of made it clear she expected him to stay the night, and at that point it was logical he did, but Andy just couldn't. Does it make him an asshole to just seek Kate out for sex? Yes it did. He never wanted to be that kind of man. Yet, it would be worst to stay and lead her on down a path he couldn't follow through with. When he closed his eyes and imagined spending a whole night with a woman, it was Allegra he saw.

"Good morning." She says falling into step next to him, they walk together into the coffee shop.

"Good morning." Andy answers politely.

Here we go again. Allie thinks.

It's one step forward and two steps back when it comes to whatever this relationship is with Andy. That is okay with her, whatever she can get from Andy, she will take. Hopefully she can get the 9 inches she is sure she felt last night over his pants.

Lorie and Susie say their greetings, Andy gets his cup of coffee and Allie waits for her latte. To Allie's surprise, instead of walking directly to the door, Andy goes towards the coffee station. In the two weeks they have worked together, and for what Lorie says, he always drinks his coffee black.

Lorie is too busy to chat, so she hands her sister her cup and hush her away. Allie makes her way to where Andy is, stands next to him and watches him stir the sugar and milk in the coffee.

"Since when do you put milk in your coffee?" She asks him.

Andy turns his head, looks at her. At the rich brown of her skin. The same brown the coffee has turned when he added the right amount of milk.

"The only reason why I drink it black is because it is convenient. You get use to the flavor, and with time you appreciate it." Andy explains to her as he puts the lid back on the cup.

"Why change that then?"

They make their way to the office.

He glances her way once more and takes a sip. He added a packet of raw brown sugar and his coffee taste just the right amount of sweet. If he were to lick on Allegra's skin, between her legs, would she taste just like that?

Andy doesn't answer her question, and Allie doesn't press. One more mystery to him for her to uncover.

After lunch, Allie goes to the post office to check on the PO Box. Los Olivos is wine country, and the Main Street is mostly wine tasting rooms. There are a couple of "upscale" restaurants and boutiques. One said of those said boutiques is Kate's.

Allie used to be friends with Kate's younger sister, Jennifer, growing up. Kate and Lorena also are the same age, but they never got along. Then, when Lorena came out as gay in sophomore year of high school, Kate took it like an opportunity to bully Lorie.

Lorena didn't tell anything to Allegra until Jen, who did not see anything wrong with her older sister's behavior, called Lorie a homophobic slur in Allegra's face.

Allie had never been so mad like she was that day. She still remembers it, how they were swimming at Jen's pool, and how Jen casually dropped the insult as if Allie would join in. As if. Allie screamed at her, and Jen's mother kicked her out, and Allie walked out all wet and shaking from anger. Back then they still lived on the ranch her father managed, it was a good 3 miles away. She walked those three miles in flip flops and under the sun, and when she got home, she refused to talk to anyone, until Lorena threatened to tear down the door.