1.5 Bloody Mary

~ Chapter five ~
'It's too late to apologise'
- Apologize, OneRepublic

"Sam, wake up" i demand as lean forward to shake my younger brothers shoulder.

Sam wakes, confused. He sits up and looks around. He's sitting shotgun in the Impala, which is parked in front of a large building. "I take it I was having a nightmare."

"Yeah, another one" dean states with a subtle eye roll.

"Hey, at least I got some sleep" Sam smiles trying to find the bright said of this conversation.

"You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this" i tell him with a shrug. "It's judging worse and worse Sam."

"You will too" dean scoffs turning to face me. "Don't think I've forgotten about you Millie."

"I wish you had" i mutter looking away from my older brother. "Honestly, I'm completely fine. I don't think we need to talk about it,"

I look back at dean and his expression informs me that he knows that I'm lying to him, "I don't believe you."

"Are we here?" Sam asks trying to change the subject of the conversation before me and dean begin to argue.

"Yup" dean answers. "Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." I look out the window, same place ten years later. It's been a decade since I was left behind and now we're back in the state.

Sam picks up a newspaper with Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled. "Just to point out that this guy has a really unfortunate last name" i say.

Shoemaker, Steven
The Shoemaker family is sad to announce the sudden death of their beloved husband and father Steven Shoemaker. Steven was 46.

"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam questions.

"That's what we're gonna find out" i smile getting out of the impala. "Let's go." I slam the door as my brothers get out of the car and follow me to the building.

The three of us head into room 144, marked Morgue. There's two desks. The empty one has a nameplate that says Dr. D. Feiklowicz. The other one has the Morgue Technician. "Hey."

"Hey." Dean smiles.

"Can I help you?" The morgue tech asks looking Dean up and down.

"Yeah" i say flashing a smile. "We're the med students."

"Sorry?" The morgue tech questions.

"Oh, Doctor" I begin as I look to the other desk and stumble over the name, "Figlavitch didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. We're from Ohio State. He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper."

"Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch" he tells us.

"Oh well he said-" i sigh. "oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?"

"Sorry, I can't" the man says. "Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want."

"An hour?" Dean repeats. "Oh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then."