1.10 Asylum

~ Chapter 10 ~
'If a God is a dog, and a man is a fraud
Then I'm a lost cause'
- Devil's Advocate, The Neighbourhood

Inside our current motel room, Sam is on the phone of one of dads old friends, Caleb, "No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought, he comes to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything. Thanks."

Sam ends the call and let's out a sigh, "Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asks not bothering to look up.

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim" sam scoffs. "What about the journal? Anything leads in there?" They both look over to where I'm sat on my bed with our fathers journal.

"No, same as last time I looked" I shrug closing the journal and standing up. "Nothing I can make out. The guy writes like fucking Yoda."

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds" sam suggests with a shrug. "File a missing person's."

"We've talked about this" dean sighs running a hand over his face. "Dad would be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail."

"I don't care anymore" Sam admits as he stands up. Deans Cellphone rings and he crosses the room. "After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing."

"I know" dean responds with a sigh. He rummages through his duffel. "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know" i state looking at my brothers.

"Don't say that!" Dean demands as he glares at me. "He's not dead! He's-"

"He's what?" I scoff. "He's hiding? He's busy?"

Dean finds and flicks opens his cellphone. "Huh. I don't believe it."

"What?" Sam asks as we both stare at dean with confusion.

"It's a text message" dean tells us as a small smile creeps onto his face. "It's coordinates."

"You think Dad was texting us?" I question with a scoff as dean frantically types the coordinates into the computer.

"He's given us coordinates before" dean shrugs.

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean" Sam reminds our brother, scoffing.

"Guys, it's good news" dean states. "It means he's okay, or alive at least."

"Well, was there a number on the caller ID?" Sam asks.

"Nah, it said unknown" dean shrugs not bothering to look up from the screen.

"Well, where do the coordinates point?" I question sighing.

"That's the interesting part" dean replies with a smile. "Rockford, Illinois."

"Ok, and that's interesting how?" Sam questions, sitting back on his bed.

"I checked the local Rockford paper" dean tells us, "Take a look at this." He turns around the computer and we look at a news article. "This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum."

"Okay, I'm not following" Sam admits looking at our older brother. "What has this have to do with us?"

"Dad earmarked the same asylum in the journal" I remember running a hand through my hair. "Let's see" I reach over to my bed and flick through the journal until I find the page that i remembered. "Here. Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths, till last week at least."