1.13 Route 666

~ Chapter 13 ~
'Now shut up and drive'
- Shut up and drive, Rihanna

The three of us stand around the car as me and Sam stare at a map laid out on top of the car, Dean has his phone to his ear. "Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here" Sam explains as dean ends his phone call. "We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought."

Dean lowers his phone and looks thoughtful before he faces me and Sam, "Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania."

"We what?" I question as I stop leaning against the car and stand up straighter.

"I just got a call from an, uh, old friend" dean explains with a shrug. "Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing."

"What?" Sam questions with raised eye brows.

"Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us" dean states as he moves to get into the Impala. "Come on, are you coming or not?"

The Impala cruises down a road, fields on one side, a lake on the other. "By old friend you mean?" I question letting a silence linger so Dean knows what I'm asking. An old hookup.

"A friend that's not new" dean replies not sparing me and Sam a glance.

"Oh yeah, thanks" Sam scoffs. "So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her."

"Didn't I?" Dean sarcastically replies as he looks at Sam from the corner of his eye. A long pause goes through the impala, me and Sam both stare at our older brother, "Yeah, we went out."

"You mean you dated somebody?" I question with a scoff. "For more than one night?"

"Am I speaking a language you're not getting here?" Dean asks with an eye roll as he looks back at me from the rear view mirror. "Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks."

"And?" Sam asks waiting for dean to say something. Dean shrugs slightly. "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?"

Dean looks away slyly. "You told her" I realise as a small smile creeps it's way into my face. "You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For four years I had to lie to Harry about my past, Sam had to lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?" Dean stays silent, staring straight ahead. "Dean!"

"Yeah" dean replies, still not bothering to look at me or Sam, "Looks like." He continues staring ahead and put's his foot down. Sam does his bitchface, shaking his head.

The three of us enter an office where two men are stood with a young girl. I'm guessing Is Cassie.

"Jimmy, you're too close to this" a older man states as he looks at a man who must be jimmy, "Those guys were friends of yours. Again, Cassie, I'm very sorry for your loss."

The man leaves, Jimmy walks away. Cassie sighs and turns around, looking straight at Dean. Looking slightly apprehensive, dean nods at her and grins. "Dean."

"Hey Cassie" dean smiles sheepishly. They stare at each other for a long moment, not speaking. I watch, smiling to myself. "This is Sam and Millie. My brother and sister." Cassie smiles at the two of us, as we both return one of our own. Her gaze returns to dean. "Sorry bout your dad."