1.17 Hell House

~ Chapter 17 ~
'A haunted house with a picket fence.'
- I know the end, Phoebe Bridgers

Me and Alex are sat in the back of the impala, since Dean claimed that Alex should leave his car behind. For some reason, Alex agreed and we made a stop to his godmothers place where he left the car.

I didn't get to meet the woman cause Alex said she and her daughter wouldn't let him rest if they found out it was us he was hunting with. Something about our dad being a family friend then he did something stupid in the past. Typical of my father really.

Dean is driving. He looks over and sees Sam sleeping with his mouth open. He feels around then gently places a plastic spoon in Sam's mouth. Me and Alex chuckle quietly as we watch Dean smile to himself.

Grinning, dean flips open his phone and takes a photo, then turns the music up loud. "Fire of unknown origins took my baby away!"

Sam jerks up, realizes something is in his mouth, panics and waves his arms as he spits it out. Dean air drums along to the song on the steering wheel then looks over, grinning as Sam wipes his mouth and turns down the music.

"Ha ha, very funny" Sam scoffs with an eye roll.

"Sorry, not a lot of scenery here in East Texas, kinda gotta make your own" Dean shrugs with a wide smile as me and Alex laugh at the pair.

"Man we're not kids anymore Dean" Sam sighs. "We're not going to start that crap up again."

"Start what up?" Alex asks from the backseats, glancing between us.

"That prank stuff" I tell him. "It's stupid, and it always escalates. Normally Sam is the one who takes things way too far."

"Aw, what's the matter kiddos" Dean chuckles with a sarcastic pout, "scared you're going to get a little Nair in your shampoo again huh?"

"All right, just remember you started it" Sam states with a smile.

"Ah ha, bring it on baldy" Dean laughs.

"Where are we anyway?" Sam asks as he looks out the passenger window.

"A few hours outside of Richardson" Dean replies as he looks at the road ahead. "Gimme the lowdown again?"

"All right, about a month or two ago this group of kids goes poking around in this local haunted house" Sam explains.

"Haunted by what?" I question.

"Apparently, a pretty misogynistic spirit" Sam replies. "Legend goes, it takes girls and strings them up in the rafters. Anyway this group of kids see this dead girl hanging in the cellar."

"Anybody ID the corpse?" Alex asks.

"Well, that's the thing" Sam states. "By the time the cops got there the body was gone. So cops are saying the kids were just yanking chains."

"Maybe the cops are right" Dean shrugs.

"Maybe, but I read a couple of the kids firsthand accounts" Sam adds. "They seemed pretty sincere."

"Where'd you read these accounts?" I question.

"Well, I knew we were going to be passing through Texas" Sam tells us with a shrug. "So, last night, I surfed some local paranormal websites. And I found one."

"And what's it called" Dean says.

"HellHoundsLair.com" Sam mutters.

"Lemme guess, streaming live out of Mom's basement with a bong and a tube of lube" Alex scoffs.