1.11 Scarecrow

~ Chapter 11 ~
'Someone's bound to get burned'
- Try, P!nk

Me, Sam and Dean are sleeping in the current motel when deans phone rings but he does not wake up but it wakes me and Sam up.

"Dean." Sam sighs as he runs his hand over his face. Dean still doesn't wake up. Sam answers the phone. "Hello?"

"Sam, is that you?" John Winchester asks.

Sam sits up in bed quite abruptly which causes me to look over at him, "Dad? Are you hurt?"

I stand up and practically fall onto the floor as I race to sit beside sam. "I'm fine" John responds.

"We've been looking for you everywhere" Sam states. "We didn't know where you were, if you were okay."

"Sammy, I'm all right" John sighs. "What about you, Millie and Dean?" Dean is waking up.

"We're fine" Sam replies. "Dad, where are you?" Dean sits up in bed and stares at me and Sam.

"Sorry, kiddo, I can't tell you that" John says.

"What?" Sam questions as he looks between me and dean. "Why not?"

"Is that Dad?" Dean asks.

"Look, I know this is hard for you to understand" John shrugs. "You're just gonna have to trust me on this."

I quickly snatch the phone from Sam, "You're after it, aren't you?" I ask with a sigh. "The thing that killed Mom."

"Yeah. It's a demon, Mil" dad responds. I guess Dean didn't completely lie to me when he came and begged for me to help then.

"A demon?" I repeat. "You know for sure now. Not just some theory?"

"A demon?" Dean questions as he glares at me. "What's he saying?"

"I do" dad replies. "Listen, Millie, I also know what happened to your boyfriend and Sam's girlfriend. I'm so sorry. I would've done anything to protect you two from that."

"You know where it is?" I ask as a new type of rage begins to consume me.

"Yeah, I think I'm finally closing in on it" dad tells me and I can hear how proud he is of himself.

"Let us help" I beg. "You can't do this on yo-"

"You can't" John interrupts. "You can't be any part of it."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Give me the phone" dean demands as he holds out his hand.

"Listen, Millie, that's why I'm calling" dad states. "You and your brothers, you gotta stop looking for me. Alright, now, I need you to write down these names."

"Names?" I question with a scoff "What names, Dad, talk to me, tell me what's going on. Dad come on. Please just explain."

"Look, we don't have time for this" dad tells me with harshness laced in his voice. A harshness I'm too familiar with. "This is bigger than you think, they're everywhere. Even us talking right now, it's not safe."

"No" I shrug. "Alright? No way. Dad this is bullshit."

"Give me the phone" dean orders with more severity in his voice.

"I have given you an order" dad says. "Now, you stop following me, and you do your job. You understand me Emily? Now, take down these names."

Dean grabs the phone from me, "Dad, it's me. Where are you? Yes, sir. Uh, yeah, I got a pen. What are their names?"