Chapter 22 - Trouble

C H A S E

I held Jemma's hand as we were walking out of the venue. We couldn't wait to get home and have some time to ourselves.

Cayla was by Jemma's parents house since she didn't trust leaving our 2 year old with 'some nanny'. She have us one heck of a time when we were leaving her there. She doesn't like Jemma's mother at all which is sad because her mother adores her.

I didn't care either way because I would be getting some alone time with my wife after a very long time.

The mission was a success and was surprisingly very easy. The others have already left the ball and it was getting late. Aliyah and Jayson must have been done with their part of the job a long time ago which meant we were all done and dusted.

No more problems. At least for now.

"Chase?" I hear Jemma say taking me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I reply back.

"I think we have more company..." She said and I immediately shot my head up looking around.

We were being completely surrounded by SUVs. Men were running out of the Vans in front of me and Jemma with guns in their hands. I grabbed the pistol from my suit jacket and held it up.

I turned around shooting the people coming in our way. It was only the two of us versus all these armed men. I shouldn't have told our guards to leave. I thought we were done with the mission.

"Chase!" I heard Jemma scream. She was being held back by two men. My eyes widened in horror as I saw her throw kicks and punches trying to get them too let go before I could go too help her I felt a hard hit on the back of my head.

I felt my legs being dragged against the hard concrete ground. My eyes slowly got heavy and everything around me got blurred.

My eyes open slowly to the shouting around me. "Chase Averto. I wish I could say it's a pleasure too meet you but it's sadly not" I heard a voice say.

I look around at the unfamiliar surroundings. My whole body was numb and my head was throbbing.

I felt like daggers were being thrown at every part of my body. A piecing feeling overtook me making me groan in pain when I finally regain my senses I notice the man standing Infront of me.

Vincenzo De Luca

The Italian Mafia Don. My brother killed his brother a long time ago, by accident. He must be using me for revenge.

The last thing I remember was being dragged away and...

Jemma

"Where's Jemma?" I spat out the blood in my mouth. "She escaped" he said angrily. "And don't worry we're not gonna kill you, we're just using you" he smirked.

Using me?

What could he possibly want from me? I'm only second in command of the American Mafia. His not gonna get shit outta me.

"It's been a week since we abducted you, and your so called brother hasn't found you yet" he said plastering a huge grin on his face.

A week. If it's been a week then they're probably outside wherever I am right now. I know that Jayson must be freaking out right now.

He was actually happy with his life after a long time and then this has too happen.

"We're sending you back today" I heard Vincenzo. I had no energy to reply.

I was being held my chains attached to my wrists. Dry blood was on the floor beneath me. I'm guessing my blood.

I felt a small pinch on the side of my neck. The last thing I remembered after that was being released from the hold of the chains around my wrists falling onto my knees on the cold floor.