09

y/n pov:

"You don't understand! Can we just leave it at that!" He yells at me and leaves, I can't believe he just said that.

I was just trying to help and understand him but it seems his mind is somewhere else at the moment.

I didn't want to stay mad at him this whole time, I hated it so much. We never fight like this and he's making it so much worse. He's been acting like such a jerk and now, I hate him, more than ever.

I sniffle and wipe my small tears away, hating the way I was crying over a stupid boy. He doesn't deserve it.

I'm not in the middle for dancing at all now so I just sit on the ground, thinking over the situation and regretting every part of me for thinking he would actually open up to me. I feel so stupid.

The fact that he's so good looking makes everything worse.

< time skip >

Riki has been coming over to the house less and less, doing a great job at not wanting to talk to me. For me, i missed him a lot of the time but shakes all those kind o thoughts I had as I remember how bad he treated me.

Occasionally, me and Riki would be in uncomfortable situations due to our parents trying to get us to make up. Why can't they read the room and tell that we hate each other's guts.

I'm never ever apologising or approaching him first, this is all his fault, not mine.

After dinner, I thank mom and Aunty for making as the delicious food and leave my plates in the sink. I grab the dishwashing liquid and sponge, ready to wash what I used. I hear footsteps behind me and I see riki grabbing the other sponge we have and started to washy my cutlery. I stop and stare at him.

I snatch the cutlery off of him and wash it. He lets out an awkward smile.

Why does he have to be so cute when I'm supposed to be hating him? This is so hard

He then looks at me and laughs, as if nothing had ever happened between us earlier today.

"What are you trying to do, Riki?" I ask quietly, trying not to make a fuss so our parents don't notice.

"What?" He asks, much quieter, wanting me to repeat I said

"Whatever it is, stop, okay?" I say and turn the tap off, heading to my room.

I can feel Riki just standing there, looking at me.

I ignore it and slam the door.

"Why is he playing with my feelings like this?" I asks myself as I throw myself on my bed, using my pillow to cover my tears.

"Stupid tears" I say and continue to cry into it.

I hear a knock on the door and my mom enters the room, she closes it immediately when she sees me sniffling my tears away.

"Honey, what's wrong??" She looks at me, worryingly.

"Nothing" I reply with, trying not to let those hard feelings out of me right now.

"It doesn't look like nothing to me" she says as she gives me a big hug, I sob even harder.

I realise how loud I am and I cover my mouth with my hands, I don't want anyone else but mom to hear it.

She releases my hand and says "it's okay, you can tell me"

I calm myself down and finally reply "just some dumb boy who doesn't even care about me" I say and look down

"Is this about Riki?" She asks and places her hands on my shoulders, wanting my full attention, I look up.

"H- how did you know?" I ask in confusion, truly wondering.

"Look, whatever you guys have, you guys need to fix it. It leaves me and mio in pain when we see you and Riki act like this. We don't know why you guys are like this now but we know you guys can get over it and make up. You guys have known each other for so long, I bet it's nothing you can't fix" she says and I don't reply, she was right.

This is so stupid. I have to sort it out.

"Thanks, Mom" i tell her and give a reassuring smile so she does not see my pain left over.

She gives me another hug and holds me tight before she gets up from my bed.

She stops at the door and winks at me "you got this" then shuts it on her way out.

I flinch as I get a notification from my phone, I go and check it.

riki <3 SENT YOU A MESSAGE !

I check again and shocked to see that he texted me.

I hadn't seen the contact name in a long time, I'm shocked as I read it...

riki <3
we need to talk...
meet me at the park in 5?

y/n
k

riki <3
make sure to wear something warm, it's cold out here
  seen

I roll my eyes as I see what he said. Before, I would've stressed on what to wear and how I looked but at this point, I don't care. I throw my jacket over myself and walk out the door with my sneakers on.

I make my way to the park making sure Riki wouldn't be able to see that I was crying over him by rubbing any residue tears off my skin.

The park was not far away from our apartment at all so it didn't take me long.

As I finally reach the park, I see a tall boy, rubbing his hands together from all the cold, sitting on one of the swings, pushing himself slowly back and forth.

I smile and give myself a slight slap but it hurt more than it should because it's so cold...

"ouch" I let out and find that Riki noticed I was here. He signals me to sit in the swing next to him.

I walk over to it and sit in it, feeling the awkwardness already

"Do you remember the last time we were in a playground together? it's been so long" he says as he looks at me with bright eyes

I scoff but then smile at the thought.

Yea, I miss those times.

"So why did you call me here, riki?" I ask getting straight to the point

"Look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, for everything, you really didn't deserve it and I feel so bad"

"That's true, you made me look like an idiot when I was trying to help you. I know you hated me but you can always talk to me, yea?"

"What, y/n? I never hated you, ever" he says while approaching her

"Really?"

"Yes, it's just complicated. But I could never hate you" he says as he crouches down, facing me and I believe him "I mean, how could I hate you? You're such a great person and you mean the world to me"

I didn't show it but my heart was going crazy, he really knows how to make my heart flutter

Even thought it's very cold outside, I feel my cheeks turn into warmth.

He smiles and comes closer, I gulp

"by the way, are you okay? It looks like you were crying or something" he puts his cold yet comforting hands on my face and caresses it.

"I'm fine" I say and push him away playfully. He just laughs, I was flustered and couldn't stand the butterflies in my stomach "Also, you don't have to tell me why you were mad and all, i will respect your privacy"

He just smiles and raises his eyebrows, signalling whether we should go or not. I stand up and we walk home together.

On the way home, he keeps looking at me and i just ignore his stare, knowing i will go blood red if we make eye contact.

now i'm one hundred percent sure,

i like riki.
.
.
.
a/n: fjsksksk crying sobbing real tears rn they're so cute but there is way more to come guys.... heheheh thank u for reading also yes!! double update!! love u alllll