44. THE BACKSTORY OF BLAST

"I'm fine..." said shaurya, wiping her tears.

His tone was low due to the effects of the blast as, though, he was not injured on the front, but his internal organs had suffered as he had inhaled a good amount of fire smoke. This resulted in his dizziness and heavy breathings.

"Why are you breathing like this? Are you hurt somewhere?" She asked, getting panicked at his low & heavy tone. Holding his shoulders she looked around him, searching for any injuries. Her eyes moved frantically searching for any possible scratch if there was.

"Main theek hoon ... sach mein ! Bas wo smoke shayad inhale Kar liya hoga maine ... That's why my breathing is heavy and uneven." Shaurya cupped her face and made her look at him.

She looked at him and believed reluctantly as her heart was still not ready to believe. She breathed in relief and nodded.

"Ho...how... Did this happen? I mean you were..." she couldn't complete her sentence as her mind recalled him being inside the car and she didn't want to even think about what would have happened if....

Her heart didn't want to put Shaurya and that blast in the same sentence now!
The little time she spent searching desperately for Shaurya, after the blast, was worse than any nightmare for her!
Shaurya understood her question and her fear. Though he knew she was safe, he still felt the same till the time his bodyguard brought her to him. His heart melted at the sight of her crying inconsolably for him.

The poor hearts! Suffered too much in the small period!

Her sobbing lessened now, and the tears stopped coming out.

Shaurya took the same bottle, which he was drinking from, and kept it near her dry lips.

"Here, drink it first!"

She took two sips without uttering a word. He kept the bottle aside and started speaking.

"Jab tum gaadi se bahar utari tab... Manish - jo tumhe yaha lekar aaya - called me to inform me that my car had a bomb and asked me to leave it asap. main turant gaadi se bahar aa gaya, I had barely ran when the bomb exploded. Due to its effect and shockwave,main dur jakar gir gaya, consequently, saans lete waqt dhuan bhi chala gaya ." Saying so he caressed her tear stricken cheeks.

Shaurya narrated his side story of the bomb blast with Anokhi worrying again at the mention of him falling due to the shockwave.

"Tumhe sach me nahi lagi hai na ( She asked innocently, looking deep into his eyes with hope.)

"Nahi, meri Jaan , I'm really alright." said Shaurya shaking his head in negative making her close her eyes in relief.

She leaned into him relaxing a bit but soon snapped her eyes open, recalling something.

"Who is he?" She asked, referring to the man outside the car.

Shaurya smiled at her inquisitive self before replying.

"He is my bodyguard - Manish " Still breathing a little heavier, he replied.

Anokhi frowned at the new information and questioned again. "Bodyguard? lekin tumne kabhi bodyguard nahi rakhe!"

He knew her curiosity was at its peak and she'll react aggressively knowing the truth, but, nonetheless, he said it!

"He is always around me, but never directly as didn't want to draw unnecessary attention of unknown and known people."

"But, tumne kabhi mujhe bataya nahi ?" Her frown deepened as she questioned again.

"kyunki bade papa ne usse kuch din pehle hi rakha hai, meri safety ke liye...Main tumhe yeh baat nahi batane wala tha par I guess mujhe ab batana padega....patiala campus mein kuch workers ne Strike kar di hai aur voh log continuous management ko threats de rahe hai isiliye safety purpose ke liye yeh bodyguard..... " shaurya tried explaining her in short