52. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAURYA

Shaurya was driving to patiala campus to check on the worker's strike after informing anokhi about the same. She had been skeptical about sending him there alone and also because it was his birthday tomorrow but shaurya had somehow managed to convince her that he would return safe and sound before his birthday.

SHAURYA's POV

Anokhi seem to be so much excited about my birthday. I am sure she must be planning something. But, Only if I was also excited about it the same way that she is

Adding another year to your life is something almost everyone looks forward to, for different kinds of reasons. Some people anticipate the array of different gifts and decorations set out for them, while some want to relish the joys, love, and memories, and a few others want the food that comes with the celebration. It is a day when everyone realizes how lucky they are if they are blessed to have the right people around them. It is a day some choose to set aside, look back at the past year's events, and think of how to grow better. And for some, it is a day to party hard and forget anything heavy on their minds.

To me, it's just another day. A simple day, Nothing feels extraordinary about this day, except when I celebrated my birthday with my parents till I was 4 years old. Maybe, I used to be happy during those times. But now I just have some faint memories of my childhood.

No doubt, Badi ma had made sure to celebrate my birthday with great grandeur every year but what's a birthday without your parents bringing you gifts and wishing you happy birthday?

Dad was always busy in his own life to care about my birthdays, Sometimes he would not even come home during my birthday celebration and if he was there he would just feed me cake and go back to his room. Adding to that, Mom never use to call me to wish me happy birthday. How can you expect me to be excited about my birthday even if all is well now?

Yes, I have my parents now, a loving family, and the best wife but not my childhood. And that's why I feel no excitement about it. I guess that's what people call MATURITY.

ANOKHI's POV

How I wish shaurya had stayed over and not gone to Patiala. But, somehow it's good that he went. I can plan a surprise for him in his absence properly. If he would've been here it would've been difficult to keep it away from him given that he comes to know of everything so easily. But, How should I start planning it? I really want to see him happy this time.

I very well remember his last birthday and how it had gone. Aastha Maa had tried to wish him and he had said those words to her in anger and trauma of his childhood. Even after that, he had come with me to search for his mother the very next day when she disappeared. And of course, saved me from the riots too. Just how fast the year went by.

(While writing this I realized that soon it will be 2 years of riots promo and episode. I mean...kya hi bolu ab main...just feeling nostalgic all again)

This year, I want him to celebrate his birthday with his parents. Something which he had been deprived of for years. Also, the baby is also here to wish his papa a happy birthday !!

Am I right na baby?

So, let me start now !!

"Ouch." I hissed when I accidentally touched the hot pan and immediately retracted my finger, sucking on it.

Who thought it would be a great idea to bake a cake all by yourself when there are hundreds of bakeries in the city and especially when you are the clumsiest and the most accident-prone creature on earth?

"anokhi!!." Kanchan bhabhi sighed as she took the pan away from me, keeping it in the freezer. "We have talked about it, haven't we?"

"But I want to help." I insisted, nursing my slightly burnt finger.