𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

FEBRUARY 24 2022

Autumn hums the tune of The Way I Loved You by Taylor Swift calmly while Chris fidgets with the ends of her dark hair as they all watch the movie.

"Autumn if you sing another Taylor Swift song, one more time, I will drown you and Taylor." Nick threatens. Autumn gasps lightly, opening her mouth a bit. "No..." she breaths out.

"Then shut the fuck up and watch the movie." he replies. She just pouts and closes her eyes.

"You goin to sleep?" Chris whispers. Matt watches the two with guilt and jealousy building up inside of him.

"Mhm. Nighty night Chris." Autumn replies, her voice quiet as she smiles to Chris.

"Nighty night Grace." he replies, joking around with the nickname.

Matt winces internally at that. Grace was something Matt would only call her.

"Hm. Don't call me Grace." Autumn replies and Chris just chuckles while Matt lets out a sigh of relief as he smiles to himself which went well unnoticed by the rest of the group.

TIME SKIP,

Autumn is awoken to someone shooting a mini confetti party popper right by her ear.

"Dude what the fuck!" she reacts, sitting straight up and covering her ears from the noise. Her eyes land on the middle parted boy who was trying to hide his giggles while he had the empty popper in his hand.

"MATTHEW!" She exclaims, sitting up, careful to not hurt Chris. He begins to run from her, resulting in her running after him.

"MATTHEW BERNARD! DON'T YOU DARE RUN INTO THE BATHROOM I WILL STAND OUT HERE UNTIL YOU'RE OUT!" She shouts at the boy who had just locked himself in the bathroom.

Little did she know, he had climbed out the window and silently came back through the front door, all while she sat, facing the bathroom door, awaiting his return.

He slowly walks behind the girl quietly, making sure he doesn't strike her attention.

He places one hand over her mouth and takes his other arm and wraps it around her waste, pulling her up as she squeals in fright. 

He carries her to a bedroom, his hand still over her mouth and his arm still holding her above the ground. When he gets to the bed, he takes his hand from her mouth and wraps it around the same place his other arm had been and throws her on the bed.

(if that made no sense here's a clarification: basically he was carrying autumn with one arm around her stomach and the other hand on her mouth. then he takes his hand from her mouth and puts it in the same place the other arm was and then throws her on the bed)

"Jesus fuck Matthew, you scared me." Autumn states, "That was the whole point, dumbass." he tells her. 

"Did you have to do that?" she asks, "No, but I wanted to." he shrugs, jumping next to the girl. "Yeah well not all of your wants have to be satisfied Matthew." she states, laying down on her side.

"That one did." he replies, looking down at the girl who was laying on his bed who was looking up at him too.

"Did you also need to wake me up from my nap?" she asked, "No. But then again, I wanted to." he smiled, "Jokes on you. I'm finishing my nap. Right here, right now." she states, closing her eyes.

"Then at least get under a blanket or something." he says, grabbing one of the blankets from his closet and putting it over her.

"Thank you Matt." she speaks quietly, "Mhm." he replies as Autumn feels weight being lifted from the bed.

--

"Chris what the fuck is your problem?" Autumn hears Matt exclaim. She wonders out of Matt's room, sleepily rubbing her eyes as she sees Nick watching Matt and Chris argue.

"What do you mean my problem? She's your ex. You guys aren't dating anymore, may I remind you." Chris states, "Yeah so what? That doesn't mean you get to be all flirty flirty and touchy touchy with her. You know I still love her." Matt replies.

"If you still love her then why'd you break up with her? Huh?" Chris questioned, "I didn't break up with her. We broke up with each other." Matt corrects. "And why was that? Because the feelings weren't there anymore." Chris replies.

"Yeah well they clearly still are." Matt points out, "Yeah maybe to you but what about to Autumn? Yeah maybe you still love her but have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, Autumn has moved on?" Chris replies.

"With who? You? Don't get your hopes up buddy." Matt says, his voice stern.

Nobody had even noticed Autumn who was standing right there at the doorframe. Everyone was too invested in the argument. 

"Oh look. Here she is. Autumn. Do you still love Matt? Or have you moved on with Chris? Who do you choose?" Nick questioned.

Autumn felt like she was living in one of those game shows where they question you on anything and everything.

The real answer was, that she didn't know. She knew she didn't have feelings for Chris but she knew she still had at least the smallest of love for Matt. 

But she hadn't even noticed Chris liked her.

"I-" she stutters.

"Come on Autumn, don't just stand there, answer the question!" Chris exclaims. 

"I- I DON'T KNOW!" She snaps, turning back on her heel and shutting the door of Matt's room behind her.

"See! Look. You pressured her!" Matt exclaims and walks to the bedroom door.

"Autumn. Autumn Autumn. Open up." 

"No. I'm just going to get yelled at again because I don't know the answer to some dumb question." she cries.

"You don't have to answer it." he tells her. 

She stands up, wipes her tears, and opens the door, only a little bit.

"I- I. I- think. I think it's still you."

KIERA SPEAKS: and there ya have it folks, the next chapter :)