07

Jared parks his truck in the stations parking lot while Eve unbuckles her seatbelt.

"Coming in?" Eve asks with a small smile and Jared nods his head following Eves lead.

Charlie was already outside the station talking to a couple before he saw his eldest daughter and Jared.

"I promise Mrs. Biers I'll call you if I hear anything." Charlie dad shaking the crying older womens hand making Eve frown.

Jared takes her hand in his bringing it up and placing a gentle kiss on it making a smile reappear on her face.

"Is Bella here yet?" Eve asks and Charlie shakes his head as a silver Volvo pulls into a parking spot.

Jared holds onto Eves hand tighter and pulls her to his chest wrapping an arm around her front protectively.

Edward and Bella get out of the car and Eve squeezes Jared's hand for him to keep his cool.

"Is Jared joining us?" Bella asks looking at Jared confused and Eve went to respond but Charlie beats her to it.

"I invited him, he gets an invite because he didn't make your sister travel half way across the world." Charlie states making Bella glare at her dad.

"No, he just made her across the state." Bella states and Jared takes a deep breath to remain calm and Eve glares at her sister.

"It's alright, I'm just dropping her off Chief Swan." Edward says giving Charlie a small smile.

Edward turns to leave but he stops turning back around to Bella.

"Oh Bella, my parents wanted me to remind you about the airline ticket they gave you for your birthday." Edward says making everyone look at Bella confused.

"What airline ticket?" Eve asks confused.

"A round trip to visit mom." Bella explains and Eve nods her head understanding.

"It expires soon, they thought you might want to use it soon, maybe this weekend?" Edward suggests and Eve frowns slightly, why was Edward trying to get her sister out of town.

"It wouldn't hurt for you to get away for a couple days, get time away." Charlie says emphasizing the away making both Eve and Jared hold back a snicker.

"Id like to see mom..." Bella says quietly.

"If you use the companion ticket you could take Eve with you." Edward says and Jared pulls Eve closer to him not liking that idea.

"No thanks, I don't like planes." Eve says making Jared relax slightly.

"Wait there are two tickets?" Charlie says making Eve sigh.

"Dad can we please go get dinner? Jared and I haven't eaten since this morning." Eve says and Charlie nods his head.

"Yeah yeah let's go."

Bella says goodbye to Edward and Jared and Eve go to his truck driving them to the diner.

"Why is Edward trying to get Bella out of town?" Eve asks looking at Jared.

"I don't know." Jared says and Eve furrows her eyebrows.

"Are you lying?"

"Evie no, look Victoria has been around more than usual which is why Quil shifted but that's been going on for months." Jared says and Eve nods her head.

"You're right I'm sorry." Eve says and Jared takes her hand giving it a squeeze.

"What Bella said..."