Epilogue

10 years later

"Here," Jess says, handing me a folder.

"What is that?" I ask, my eyes fixed on my computer.

"Your flight ticket – web check-in – and some important pieces of information," she answers.

"Flight ticket to where?" I ask. I continue going through the photos of Emma Watson, looking for the best shots to give to the editor.

"Seoul, Korea."

I look up from my computer. "Whaaaaaat???" I gape. "That's all the way in Asia, you're kidding me?"

"No, Cassie. I'm serious. To make matter worse, your flight is scheduled this evening," she states.

"Wha—"

"Whaaaaat??!!" she cuts me off. She grins. "I knew you were going to say that. The photo shoot with Laneige is the day after tomorrow, time and location – they're all in the folder. Safe trip, Cassie," Jess says as she walks away to her office.

I bang my forehead on my table lightly.

***

"Ne, gamsahabnida," I thank the officer as he hands me my passport. I learned the language when I was in university because it'd be best to learn multiple languages so you can deal with different clients easily. So far, I've known Korean, Chinese, French, Japanese and I'm learning Russian.

I get my luggage from baggage claim and find my chauffeur. I see 'Cassie Sage' from afar. I take off my shades and approach the woman holding my name. "Hello, I'm Cassie Sage. You're my chauffeur?" I ask in Korean. She is a little taken aback but she manages a smile. I smile and bow a little.

"I didn't know you speak Korean. Great, because my English is terrible," she says and laughs it off. She looks a younger than me. She puts out her hand, "My name's Kim Han-gyul."

"Hi," I reply and shake her hand.

"So, I can take you to your hotel. Would you like me to help you with your luggage?"

"No, it's alright." I smile.

***

I prepare my laptop and make sure the camera is in a good condition. I test the camera a couple of times. I hear the door opening when I am adjusting the lens.

"Miss Sage, the model's here," the girl – I reckon she's my assistant or an intern here – says. She doesn't know I speak Korean so she speaks English. I must say, her accent is thick.

With my eyes still fixed on my lens, I say, "Hi, my name is Cassie Sage and I'll be you photographer today." I manage a smile, bow a little and put up my camera and snap a photo of the model in front of me just to test my camera.

I stiffen.

I look at my laptop screen then, at the model. He flashes me a half-smile. I frantically search for the folder Jess gave me the other day without taking my eyes of him. "Wait there," I tell him.

I go through the contents of the folder. It's all handwritten by Jess. Model: Song Joong-ki. Just a name but no picture. A current rushes through me. Could it be? That's impossible.

I take my bag off the table and zip open a compartment. I take out the Polaroid photo. I stare at it and then at him. "Are you Song Joong-ki?" I ask out of curiosity and disbelief.

"Yup. Nice to meet you, Cassie," he says. His smile rings a bell.

I don't know how to react. I can't stop staring at him.