Chapter 11

(Joong-ki's POV)

"Cassie?" I call out for her attention. She is definitely not sober but she's conscious. "Cassie? It's me...it's me. What have you done?" I say as I hold her shoulders so that I can see her face. She opens her eyes unwillingly and stares blankly at me. She frowns and her red eyes give out tears. I know this has something to do with what I saw earlier in the cafe.

"I just...I broke up..." she finally speaks and wails. The whole diner turns to us when she wails. I need to get her out of here. I pull out some cash and place it on the table.

"Come on, Cassie. Get up. Can you walk?" I ask.

What a stupid question. I sigh. She's drunk. I am not going to let her walk around aimlessly even when I'm with her. I wear her sling bag and while holding my sister's cake on one hand I piggyback Cassie. I have to. "Now Cassie, make yourself comfortable there. Let's go home." She grunts and sobs at the same time. How can she be cute whilst being drunk?

But, I have a problem. I don't know where she lives. You've got to be kidding me. Should I bring her to my place? There's Seul-ki and my Mom and my Dad. Alright, then. I just need to get her some place to rest. She keeps on grunting and sobbing and ranting.

Her chin rests on my right shoulder and her arms fall down my neck. I admit she's heavier than she looks. Suddenly, her hand gropes my face. "Cassie, no. I can't...see." I shake my head and her hand fall. I turn to look at her face. She looks at me with her eyes half-closed. "What?" I ask for fun.

"You're cute," she says. I can't help but smile. She then bangs her forehead on my shoulder lightly and says, "Like my boyfriend." She sighs. Her breath makes me gag. "Ex-boyfriend, okay? You get me???" she continues, waving her index finger in the air and then pinching my nose.

They broke up? Oh. No wonder Eun-mi was with Chung-ho. Could it be that...no, don't be a fool. She just broke up. "Joong-ki..." she says softly with her voice muffled by my jacket as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Yea?"

"I'm sorry..."

"Okay."

"You're right. That jerk...played me...like a toy."

"..."

"I hope he rots in hell...right in the depths of hell," she says and points down repeatedly. "I love him. I went all out because he did. But...then...it's just done." She laughs tensely. "Naive me. Kill me now. I'm stupid." I let her rant. She's drunk, broken-hearted and disappointed. I let her pour it all out. My house isn't far away from here. I'm sure we'd be there in a couple more minutes. I'll figure out what to say to my parents...

"I thought I've lost you," she suddenly speaks again.

"Lost who?" I ask dubiously.

"You." Her grip tightens a little as if she's aware of what's happening and then she grunts again. "I hurt you. I'm upset. You were too. I'm sorry..." she exhales heavily and shifts her weight, her head resting on my neck.

"I'm sorry too. I've been ignoring you for a while. I thought you hated me for it so, I stopped talking to you," I confess. All these times I thought she doesn't care but she does.

"Your heart's beating fast," she says and smiles a little with her eyes closed. I notice her hands are on my chest. My ears burn and I feel awkward. I say nothing and disregard the statement. "You know..." she continues. "All those times at the cafe... I like you. I think I still do." Cassie giggles after she says that. My mind takes some time to process it all.