Chapter 12

• Dedicated to Dear readers of this fanfic. Cheers for you~~ <3

I wake up lying on the mattress I slept in last night and blanket over me. And, a girl is staring at me. She looks like she's still in elementary. "Aren't you going to wake up now?" she asks. There's not even a tinge of sarcasm in her voice. I am a little surprised that I end up staring back at her. "My name is Seul-ki. My brother brought you here last night. Don't you remember?" she says.

Oh so this is his little sister. She's adorable. She's got some of his features and traits in her. She speaks good English. "Oh...yea. I know. Wait, he brought me here. How?" I ask.

"He carried you on his back all the way here. You don't remember?"

The door creaks open with Joong-ki carrying a tray of food and drink. "Forgive my nosy sister," he says and playfully pats Seul-ki's head. I chuckle. He closes the door and whispers, "She wasn't feeling well last night. That's why she doesn't remember." I guess it looks bad if he says I was drunk. I just smile.

"Sorry for the trouble," I say.

"Aihh...it's okay," he replies, smiling widely.

"Yah! Are you two dating?" Seul-ki exclaims. I look at Joong-ki, eyebrow raised.

"Shut up. You know nothing," Joong-ki punches her on the arm. I laugh watching them. "Oh yeah, I bring you breakfast." He pushes the tray carefully towards me. There are sandwiches, an apple, a glass of orange juice and a mug of black coffee.

"I can't finish all of this," I say.

"I don't know what you like to have for breakfast so I simply grab whatever I could think of. I'm sorry if it's not what you like."

"No, no, no... Thank you. I'll eat it later. Thank you." I smile. I hear Seul-ki clearing her throat.

"I got to go for a class," she says and leaves.

After she leaves, I ask Joong-ki something that I've been pondering over for a while. "Um...I want to ask you something. Who changed me into this?" I ask as I point to the shirt I'm wearing.

He stares at me. "I did." My eyes widen and I stare at him with my jaw dropped. What the hell?! Oh my God! My pride, my honour, me! My eyes sting for no reason. "Just joking. My Mom changed you."

"What the hell, Joong-ki?!" I throw the apple at him.

"What time is it now?" I ask Joong-ki.

"Around ten. Why?"

"Oh my God. I'm so dead. I have to call my parents." I look around for my phone. I am so dead when I get home.

"Hey, hey... don't worry. My parents called them. No worries. They don't know about your incident. I get my parents to tell them that you're sleeping over to discuss a class project. They thought I was a girl," he explains.

I let out a heavy sigh and put my hand over my forehead. "Oh my gosh...Thank you so much. Thank you, again."

"No problem."

***

Joong-ki gave me some toiletries for me to use and while I was in the bathroom, he ran to the nearest store to get me some new clothes to wear when I get home later. He got me simple clothing but I like it. I put on the black skinny jeans and plain pink tee. Then, I have my breakfast with him. His parents are out shopping for groceries while Seul-ki goes for music lessons. I found out he has an older brother too but he's in university right now.

So, it's just the two of us awkwardly sitting facing each other on the kitchen counter. I take a sip of my coffee whilst staring at him. He suddenly chuckles. "This is awkward I know," he says.

I laugh it off and say, "It sure ain't awkward when I fell asleep in your arms earlier this morning." The laughter fades almost instantly. Damn! Damn! Damn! Watch your mouth, you fool!

Joong-ki's face turns crimson and I realise I may have embarrassed him. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I was just joking. I mean, it wasn't a joke that I fell asleep in your arms...I mean, it was accidental...which is totally fine and okay. And it's not awkward, at all...well, maybe a little...but don't worry, it's alright...it's alright because I kind of like it. Damn it! No! I mean...ugh forget it." I literally screw up my apology.

He laughs which makes me laugh along while banging my head lightly on the marble counter. Then, a hand slips between my forehead and the surface of the counter. "I'm not angry. I get you. It's totally fine," he replies.

I look at him and simply smile. "Okay. Cool. We're good," I say. Things that come out of my mouth just can't be any worse.

"Cool," he says and does that charming half smile of his. I guess I'm lost for a moment here because I'm staring deeply at him right now. I stop. I hear his parents at the door.

"Maybe I should get going," I say.

***

"Did you thank her parents for the sleepover, Cassie?" my Mom asks. She's baking chocolate chip cookies – my favourite – I can smell the first batch in the oven.

"Yes, of course I did." The moment they came in I bowed 90 degrees in front of them and apologised for the inconvenience. Of course, I thanked them profusely for their kindness and secrecy. They're very nice people. I don't know what their son told them but they trust me in some way and they smiled genuinely.

If my parents find out I was drunk last night, I'd be dead. My Dad asked me when I got here this noon, "Why so sudden? Whose clothes are you wearing?" I got it all planned on the way here.

"I'm sorry I didn't call sooner. She reminded me out of the blue while I was on the way back and I've completely forgotten about the assignment which is due tomorrow. So, I thought I'd spend a night at her place. I really wanted to call but I fell asleep right after we finished the whole thing. That's when she asked her parents to call you," I lied. No one has any idea that I'm such a great liar. "Oh, and these are hers. I'll give it back tomorrow. Sorry again, Dad..." A cherry on the icing.

Just like that, I dodged a bullet.

Oh, and I'm somewhat happy despite the break up. Screw Chung-ho.