Chapter 16

You can literally die from heartbreak. That's because when you're feeling 'heartbroken', your heartstrings can snap if it's too much to handle. If all of them snap, well, long story short you'll die.

I don't want to die now. I can feel the pain in my chest. It feels so heavy and I feel like I want to cry but I'm still surprised over the fact that we're moving away in few days. Yes, a few days. Since we didn't bring everything here, we have little to pack. They've arranged my school matters. They never needed my opinion, anyhow. My parents decided to leave for London as soon as possible because my cousin's wedding is next week. And I wonder why she has to get married right there and then. Why can't it be next month or somewhere during the holidays?

I skip dinner. I tell them I'm packing my stuff to show my 'excitement' to move back. It hasn't even been four months and we're leaving? I just...I just can't deal with this.

I lie on my bed, earphones on and music blasting. I find my phone and search his number. I call him up. I put the phone over my ear. The line beeps and then I hear his ringtone singing.

"Hey, Cass," he answers. Should I tell him about it? Or should I tell him at school face to face. Why does it matter? He probably wouldn't care less, would he? "Hello??? Cass, is something wrong?" I snap back to the conversation.

"Oh, uh hey." I laugh tensely. "Just wanting to talk to you. Why? I can't call up my best friend?" I can hear him smirk at the other end of the line. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Nothing. I just finished dinner and you suddenly called." He pauses. He says something in Korean.

"Mueos?" I ask him. Then, I laugh at my crappy Korean accent.

"Now there you go. If you don't get what people say, you reply with that. But, it's no use if you don't understand Korean yet—"

"Joong-ki—" But, he cuts me off.

"—but no worries, I can teach you how to speak Korean and we can go buy you an English-Korean dictionary tomorrow after school. How about that?" he says. I can imagine him being my language teacher. I laugh at the thought. "Mueos?" he says playfully.

"The thought of you teaching me, that makes me laugh."

"I'm a genius, you know. You'll be fluent in no time," he assures.

"Okay." Tomorrow. I'll tell him tomorrow. "We'll see," I reply.

"Great." He sighs. "So, see you tomorrow? I need to go do something," he says.

"Okay. See you tomorrow. Bye," I bite my lip when I say that because it sounds weird as if I'm flirting which I'm not!

"Geulae. Annyeong," he says.

"Yeah, bye."

We hang up.