Chapter 8

Captivated.

Yes, I am. Oh my God. Joong-ki raps so fast I can't make out his words. Wow. Like, wow! I stand still observing him on stage. Is he trying to show off his talent? But he's not that kind of guy. So, what is he doing actually? Anyhow, he is just amazing. I am smiling.

"Cassie," someone says my name but my gaze remains to the stage just like the rest of the people. "Cassie!" I turn to the voice. It's Chung-ho. He smiles at me but a reluctant smile, I believe. It's not his usual smile.

"Yes? I'm sorry. I got distracted," I say. Joong-ki's voice rings in my ears and wow, my heart's beating fast!

"Let's get out of here," Chung-ho says.

"What?" I look at him, dazed. "Oh, okay. Let's go," I reply. We exit the building holding hands. My eyes stare blankly along the way as Joong-ki's voice trails off.

That escalated quickly, I thought. He was amazing.

***

"So, we're here," Chung-ho says as we reach my house.

"Yea. Bye?"

"I guess. Quite a night, wasn't it?"

"It was. Congratulations again! You guys deserve it," I tell him. He smiles at me. Gosh, that smile.

"Thank you. You are so cute," he replies. Cute, I thought. He laughs it off nervously.

I laugh and say, "So, um... bye."

"Cassie, do you want to go out tomorrow?"

"I don't have any plans so I think I can. Where are we going?"

He stares at his shoes and then looks at me. "On a date. At the park. If you want to," he says, biting his lip. Oh wow. I can't help but smile and then I chuckle edgily.

"Wow but okay. It's a date, then," I reply and mental note, don't forget to smile.

"Okay. See you tomorrow at two? I'll pick you up if that's good with you."

"Sure. I'm okay with that." I am trying so hard to maintain my composure and not to sound too eager. I wave at him and turn to the door.

"Cassie." I turn back to him. "You do know by 'go out' I meant not just tomorrow but for as long as we can be together, right? I am literally asking you out." I look at him, stunned. "Oh God, I shouldn't have asked that..."

"Oh no, no... It's okay. I get where you're going. And I'm fine with it. Let me think about it, okay? And tomorrow is still on. Okay?" I smile. He's seriously cute and funny when he's embarrassed.

"Okay. Bye. And good night. Sweet dreams," he says as he walks away.

"You too," I say silently. I've already got a sweet dream.

***

"Oh, excuse me. Eonnie, um... I dunno how to tell this. Um...Joong-ki oppa waited for you," a girl come up to me suddenly with two of her friends says. I honestly don't fully understand what they meant. I heard "Joong-ki" and "waited". Joong-ki waited? For me?

"Um...hey, what did you say again? I don't...get it," I say. These girls must be a year or two younger than me. The girl who talked to me nudges the girl on her right. "Hey, it's okay. Tell me in your own words. Doesn't have to be perfect. It's alright." The girls laugh in embarrassment and smile at me. I totally get it. Don't worry, I thought.