Chapter III: "Tutoring Jimmy"

"Ow Gary, stop it!" Pete cried out.

Gary's eyes shifted towards me. He shot me a smirk.

"Say, Petey, who's your little girlfriend you have there?"

I shifted my weight. I crossed my arms and looked down. This was embarrassing! Why would he even say that?

"I thought you were only into guys." He continued.

Pete and I made eye contact. He looked ashamed. That's it. I've had enough.

"Look dude, what's your problem?" I said, angrily.

Gary looked up at me, his eyebrows raised and his mouth turned into a wide smile.

"What's my problem?" He asked sarcastically. "Well, this whole world's my problem!"

What was he even talking about?

I blankly stared at him. Pete looked back and forth at me and Gary with a concerned expression.

"I don't really care that the world is your problem," I said with attitude. "Being mean to Pete isn't gonna fix this 'problem' of yours."

Gary's eyes widened at me. He looked intrigued.

"Pete you're such a wuss that you need a girl to defend you!"

I scoffed and just rolled my eyes. Nevermind, he's not hot anymore.

Jimmy entered the recreation room. He stopped and paused, with a mildly shocked expression. Both Gary and Pete turned their heads.

"Hey, Jimmy! Did you know that Pete and this girl here are dating?"

I wanted to punch him so hard in his goblin-looking face. He was so irritating.

"So I see you've met these weirdos." He said to me.

"Uhh ya." I shot Jimmy the "get me out of here" look. I could tell he was a little embarrassed by both Gary and Pete. Perhaps he wanted just the two of us to be here so we could have an isolated study session.

"Knock it off Gary, give (Y/N) a break, she's new."

"Oh! So you're the new girl everyone's talking about!" Gary devilishly smirked at me, "Not a surprise you're making yourself acquainted with the boys here already."

I raised my eyebrow.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Jimmy interjected, "Alright, she's with me. I asked her to come here so that she could tutor me in Biology."

"Oh, so she's your girlfriend then, Jimmy!"

"No. She's no one's girlfriend, man."

"That actually makes sense. Since you're both new and all... I thought it was odd that Petey would date a girl."

Jimmy looked at me. He mouthed the words, "I'm sorry." I just nodded my head.

"We all know that you're not gonna be 'tutoring' Jimmy, (Y/N)." Gary suggested.

Gary walked around the couch and sat next to Petey.

"What else would I be doing? Care to elaborate?"

I challenged Gary to spit out what he was insinuating. Two could play at this game.

"Well, since you're such a big slut, you'd probably be giving him that sloppy toppy!"

WHAT??????? I've literally never been with ANYONE my whole life!!!!! Why would he call me a slut? He doesn't even know me!

My jaw dropped. I made eye contact with Pete and Jimmy. Jimmy was fuming. Pete looked like a deer in headlights.