Chapter IX: "The Prince and The Pauper"

As the weather got colder, so did I. Ever since the big confrontation between Jimmy and Gary, even more rumors circulated throughout the school about my "slutty" shenanigans. One of which is "getting expelled at my old school for making out with the elderly janitor in the closet". First of all, the janitor at my old school wasn't an elder, nor was the janitor a he, but I couldn't help but think every time I overhear a stingy rumor about myself, it's gotta be Gary.

I couldn't bear to see Jimmy after Gary set him up, so I just stopped tutoring altogether. From that point on, I decided to escape from it all with art. And of course, Ms. Phillips is such a dear to help me with my artistic pursuits so she encouraged both me and Petey to take out any feelings we have onto a canvas.

"God, he's such a snake!"

"That's not even half of what I heard (Y/N).

"Ugh, I can't stand him. He's such a--"

Ms. Phillips made eye contact with me. "Guys, let's focus on the essence of art and not gossip."

I mouthed sorry to Ms. Phillips and continued to work on my art. I was painting the Bullworth mascot. Not really something I wanted to paint, but still.

"Hellaur,"

I was frightened by an English accent making me screw up the entire mural of the bull I worked on hours of painting.

"Aren't you the girl who made Johnny Vincent cry?"

Somehow by the skin of my teeth, I didn't maul this kid. I turned to see a small stylish brunette boy with brown eyes and well-kept hair. What was noticeable though is his Aquaberry vest and gold wristwatch.

There's no way this preppy just came up to me, nu-uh...

"Excuse me?"

"Serves him right, he's nothing but a little greasy guttersnipe if you ask me."

"And?"

"Say, (Y/N), we're gonna go down to Old Bullworth Vale to spectate the noble art of boxing, you should come with us."

Pete and I looked at each other, should I stay or should I go?

As I was about to open my mouth Gord cut me off.

"Ok great! But if you come with us, please change into something tres chic, I can't surround myself with someone who wears Aquaberry in a ghetto fashion, see ya tonight, (Y/N)." Gord winked at me then strutted away with confidence.

I had worn my thrifted Aquaberry sweater to school today. It was the first time though. No wonder he walked up to me.

"I think Gord likes you, (Y/N)."

"I think the opposite. He only walked up to me 'cause I wore an Aquaberry sweater today."

"This could be good though, think about it, getting the Preppies on your good side? They practically are the ones who rule all types of gossip around here."

I guess it couldn't hurt to form an alliance with them. After all, maybe I need to start aligning myself with some sort of clique that has power around here to stop all the rumors.

"Hmmm, when you put it that way it seems like a good idea but where do I get fashionable clothes from?"

Pete smirked at me as Ms. Phillips walked in front of us.

***

"Pete, I don't know how you convinced Ms. Phillips to lend me her clothes." Pete walked beside me on the streets of Old Bullworth Vale. To my surprise, Ms. Phillip's clothes fit pretty well on me, even these knee-high boots managed to fit my feet.