Chapter VIII: "Gary's Psychotic Episode"

As I felt his grasp around my hip, I let out a light groan.

Vigilantly, I finally opened up my eyes in realization. It didn't take me too long to notice what I was doing, what Gary was doing, and what we were doing with each other.

Holy shit, did I just waste my first kiss on a sicko bastard? Get a grip on yourself, girl!

I put both my hands on his shoulders and shoved him off of me. Gary then laughed while touching his lips visible with my lip gloss smudged upon them.

"Don't act like you didn't like that, (Y/N)." He said while pointing at me.

I began to internally freak out. One minute we were righteously getting revenge on Mandy and the next minute we locked lips together?

"You're mine now, (Y/N)."

Oh hell no he didn't just say that!

"Admit it, you want me." Gary said as he made a gesture with his hands.

"God!! What was I thinking??" I said to myself as I facepalmed. "You're decent until you open that foul mouth of yours!" I paced around the attic. "I gotta go."

When I looked at him, he had the most intense scowl imprinted on his face. But a twinge of sadness deep within that scowl of his was definitely noticeable. I quickly sprinted toward the stairs, but then I stopped.

"You know what, Gary? You're a clown, you look like one too."

I continued to run down the stairs, I then ran to my dorm, shut my door, and locked it.

***

Last night was rough. I could barely sleep at all. It kind of hurt to know that I wasted my first kiss on some doofus who knew NOTHING about girls. It was eating me up inside. I couldn't help but feel... Guilty. I had to tell someone.

"AHHH!"

I jumped up to hear the shrill scream of a teenage girl. I opened the door and saw a bald girl running through the halls.

"MY LIFE IS RUINED! I CAN'T SHOW UP TO SCHOOL LIKE THIS! I CAN'T BE A CHEERLEADER LIKE THIS!"

I saw the same tall, red-head girl, Christy that spoke to me earlier in the year. She ran up to Mandy and begin comforting her. Mandy's hair was a mess. It was completely bald in the front, but the back of her hair was still there. I saw her pull at it and even more clumps of hair began falling out. Did I go too far?

A crowd of girls began to form around Mandy and Christy.

"Mandy, it's just hair. It'll grow back! We can go to the store and buy you a wig." The redhead told Mandy as she rubbed her back.

"This is so humiliating!" Mandy cried as she wept.

I'm a coward. I couldn't bear to witness this any longer. I felt a pit forming in my stomach. This was not a good idea. I shut my door and sat on my bed. I was gonna throw up. I quickly took a bottle of water from my dresser and began chugging it. Once I felt fine enough, I got dressed, then briskly walked out of my dorm, avoiding all eye contact with my dormmates.

***

I entered Music class. Pete and I walked to class together and sat at the same table. This was the perfect opportunity to tell Pete EVERYTHING. He was the perfect person to confide in. He is trustworthy and has common sense.