|~Chapter 8: A New Odd Friendship~|

Tonight was the night.
Grian put the binoculars down on the desk, Mumbo hadn't entered the basement for the night so the coast was clear!
Grian grabbed a flashlight, paperclip and some rocks just in case he needed to cause a destruction.

~

Walking around the school ground was like in a horror movie.
Grian felt his heart beating out of his chest, too many horrible memories came to him with the school now looking abandoned and like a graveyard.
. . .
Honestly, Grian half expected him to appear behind him.
He shook his head, no; him and her were gone and he needed to forget his past life with them.
Once he got to the basement doors, he knelt down and looked at the lock, for someone that did Redstone he had a pretty simple lock, so Grian easily picked the lock but he didn't leave the paperclip in the lock as he needed no evidence and he didn't want to be kicked out for breaking an entering.

~

Well; This was creepy.
Grian shined his light down the wooden planked stairs, he slowly crept down them and cringed at every creak the stairs made but he convinced himself that no one was down here as he remembered not seeing the boy enter the basement.
Crap!-
Grian froze, noticing his foot had nearly activated a possible trap.
Did the boy set it up?
Why??
What was down here???
Grian drew back, stepping over the string and told himself that he needed to keep an eye out for any traps.
And he was right.
It seemed like traps were all over the place!
Mostly trip wire traps, mouse traps and even some classic trap from Home Alone with the needle on the stair that was blended in with brown paint.
Grian gulped as he made it to the bottom of the basement, he sighed with relief and even chuckled.
"That wasn't so bad. . ."
Grian shined his light around the room, noting that a lot of stuff was covered with some kind of cover that kept something from getting dusty or damaged.
"Heh, I wonder what's under what.-"
Before Grian could even step towards one of them, he felt something wrapped around his ankle and before he could even see what it was, he was lifted into the air and hung upside down!
"AHHH!!"
Grian dropped his flashlight in his shock, he looked at his ankle and saw it was rope; A classic and old trap.
"Well, well."
Grian looked, or tired to at a voice and feared it was a teacher.
But once his flashlight was picked up, Grian got a better look to who set the traps.
It was the black haired boy.
His black hair was a mess, his face seemed to be stained with redstone and oil, much like his clothes and hands, he had some protective goggles resting above his eyebrows and his had obvious dark circles under his eyes.
"The last person I'd expect up this late and breaking in the basement; Was you."
Grian pointed to him,"Breaking in?! What about you, isn't the basement the school's?!?", "My room is above here, plus this basement as been abandoned for years!", Grian sighed and faceplammed,"No wonder no teacher tried to ask why you went in here.", he nods, he then turned on the main light in the basement and turned the flashlight off.
Grian took note of the basement, he realised just how the big the basement was and there was a workbench, redstone materials, tools and of course the black blankets that covered the mysterious stuff.
Grian looked at the boy,"You uh, you're not going to get me expelled for this, right. . .?", he seemed surprised,"Expell? Honestly, heh, you're the first to get past most of my traps.", Grian was surprised, he then thought to himself and pointed to him,"And your traps were the first to stop me.", they both look at one another, their situation was somewhat similar.
The boy concluded that the new kid may have a thing for breaking into places, Grian folded his arms as he swung slightly,"So uh, what's under all that?", "No, you don't get to know since you didn't manage to touch it.", Grian gave out a fake offended gasped as he tried to reach for the boy,"No fair!", he laughed, smiling at Grian,"Honestly; I feel like with you breaking in, I need to update my traps so, I should thank you.", Grian pointed to him with a smirk,"I feel like I've been given a challenge!", they smiled at one another, Grian was then left down and once back on his feet and the dizzy spell passed, the boy held his hand out to Grian.
"Well, I'm Mumbo Jumbo."
So this was Mumbo up close.
"I'm Grian."
. . .