|~Chapter 12: Hanging Out~|

"I'm surprised you agreed to hang out with me."
Mumbo turned to Grian,"Really?", "Yeah, you just seem to be confined to the lab so I thought I'd have to drag you out.", Mumbo laughs,"Alright, I find that a far assumption.", Grian had finally found Mumbo in the school, and offered to hang out with him and get some fast food, Mumbo hesitated but agreed too as his project was already completed and just wanted to add little details.
They came to a fast food place, Domino Pizza, and went inside to order pizza.
"One moment, I need to make a call."
Grian left Mumbo to order, because he got a call from Xisuma and had to take it quickly.

~

"Thanks again, Xisuma."
Grian hung up, nothing serious just Xisuma saying he was going to be gone for another few days and that Iskall was in charge.
"!"
Grian froze.
Across the street at a fairly public cafe, he noticed two people were sitting at a table and the lady seemed to be hiding her face as the husband was as well with his hat.
. . .
It was them.
Grian felt his blood begin to boil, guess the reporters in Japan gave them a lot of hell for their actions so they must have ran off here.
But Grian wasn't going to let that happen, he wasn't going to let the people who abandon him get away so easily.
So, after he quickly muttered something he ran back into the Pizza Place.

~

"What on earth is happening over there?"
Mumbo and Grian saw a couple running from reporters and an angry mob.
"No clue, we should take the other. . ."
"Agreed."
So they took off in the opposite direction, Grian felt a little smug to his parents running from an angry mob.
Eventually, Mumbo and Grian find a park bench to eat their pizza, so they sat down with the pizza and drinks they got and just talked about their interests, their life and school.
"What are they like? Your parents I mean?"
Mumbo shrugged,"Well, they're always busy with work and don't have much time for me. I mean, they are around but it's a bit lonely to visit them and. . . I admit sometimes I feel like if I were to disappear they wouldn't notice.", Grian was surprised, maybe that's why Mumbo was so isolated from everyone, Grian shrugged,"Well, at least they're around, my parents just got rid of me the moment they could.", Mumbo was shocked,"That's just cruel!", Grian nods,"Mhm. But uh, they're not in my life anymore and I'm much better here mentality and physically.", Mumbo nods,"That's good to hear.", they enjoy the pizza as they talk more, Grian kept a mental note of Mumbo's parents and sometimes had to curse himself for mistaking for Tauris, they both have black hair and Grian liked that Mumbo was like the complete opposite of Sam and Tauris.
. . .
Find yourself a new best friend, someone better than I or Sam was.
. . .
Maybe Mumbo is the friend Grian always wanted.