snapping one, two, where are you?

John had offered to make myself and Amanda dinner tonight, he wanted us to be friendly since we all worked together and things had been tense between us. I sat on the couch, reading my book as the TV played in the background. "Darling, can you get the wine from the kitchen?" I look up at him, "Sure." I stand up, putting my book down as I went into the kitchen to grab the bottle and some glasses. There was a knock at the door, I went to go and get it. "Amanda." She barged past me, with a glare. This was still going to be such an awkward night. I rolled my eyes, she sat on the couch and just watched the TV. I grab my book and go on the other couch. "Amanda, did you manage to get those files for me?" John asked, "Sure did, I left them in your office." She was so sweet to him, it almost made me jealous. I look away, "Thank you. Dinner is ready, girls." I stand up, as I went to sit at the table. She sat opposite me, John sat next to me. "Thanks, John." I started to eat my food, as she opened the bottle of wine. She poured the glasses, when she knocked my glass and it went all over my clothes. "Oops." I take a breath, trying not to snap. "Amanda!" John glared at her, "No, It's fine. I'm going to go and change." I stand up, she just narrowed her eyes at me. "What the fuck is your problem?" I snapped at her, "My problem is you. You're a stupid bitch and you don't deserve to be here." I shake my head, "Maybe you're just mad because I know what you're really like, Amanda. Don't bullshit me."

"Shut your mouth." I couldn't hold my tongue anymore. "You know what? I'm done with this. I'm done with your little suck up routine. I know you're using again." John looked pissed. "You're what? Is that true?" Amanda went quiet, "I saw you, Amanda. I'm not a fucking idiot. I kept it to myself because I wanted to protect you, but if you're going to be a bitch, you can go and fuck yourself." I grab my jacket, before I storm out of his house. I was so angry, I couldn't stand being in there anymore. I went straight home, in floods of tears. I take off my wine stained jeans and I put on my sweats. I curl up on my couch, when my phone started to ring. I look down, before I answered. "Hello?" I lean back, "Are you crying?" John's voice was so scary, but calming at the same time. "I'm fine, I just needed to get out of there." I sniffled. "She's gone, I made her leave. Can you come back?" I really didn't want to leave the house again, I was exhausted. "I'll see you tomorrow, John. I'm tired and I just want to stay here." I grab my blanket, "Okay, I'm coming over." He hung up, as I turn on the TV. I laid there for a while, when I heard the door. I get up, going to answer. "Hi, John." He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry, sweetheart." I lean into his chest. "It's okay, I'm fine. I just needed to go." I pulled away, as I went to lay back down. He sat down on the floor beside me, as he watched me. "I never should of let her speak to you like that. It wasn't fair."

"She's never liked me, John. You can't control how people feel." I'd always had feelings for him, but he was my boss and it would of been inappropriate. "Can I make it up to you?" I shake my head, "It isn't your fault, John. Honestly. She's just jealous." He looked back at the TV. "Jealous? What's she got to be jealous of?" Ouch. That was harsh. "Beats me." I stand up, as I walked into the kitchen. "Fuck." I whispered, I take a deep breath. I tied my hair back, "I'm heading to bed. I'll walk you out." He frowned, "I've only just got here, you're going to kick me out already?" I sighed angrily, "What do you want from me, John? Seriously? What is this?" He sighed. "Have you thought that maybe it's more than that?" I watch him closely, "More than what?" He grabbed my face and kissed me roughly. I was a little surprised, I almost tripped up. I kiss him back, as I wrap my arms around his back. He pulled me in closer, as I slowly pulled away for some air. "Holy shit." I whispered, as he watched me. "I've wanted to kiss you for such a long time." He admitted.

"Ditto, Kramer."