chapter 3

7 Years flew by in a flash and they were already eight years old.

Ladory looked at Theodore who was being taught how to mount a horse, he was going to be an equestrian after all it was required for all nobles to practise.

The moment they had turned five they started to learn everything about noble etiquette.

"I hope you hold on tight brother, we don't want you falling off" Ladory grinned at Theodore spitefully.

Theodore rolled his eyes, "Don't worry brother, you should worry about yourself instead"

Ladory irked, "I'm glad about your concern about me. But I'm not th-"

The horse suddenly moved and he tightened his grip on the reins, he breathed when the horse calmed down but could hear the snickering of Theodore.

Theodore was preparing himself to rescue Ladory and make fun of him but he had lost his chance.

"It's not funny!" Ladory growled at him

"It is for me. Perhaps because of my broken humour or maybe you are just that funny"

"We shall see what's funny once we race"

"Um, young masters please do not" the equestrian begged with a sweat trickling down his chin.

Theodore said to their equestrian teacher, "Do not worry, I wouldn't want to hurt my little brother's pride"

He snickered as he said it.

"My pride?, aren't you a little too confident older brother?"

Before Theodore could retort back their bicker was suddenly disrupted by an uninvited guest, it was their second older brother Victor Astolias.

"Oh here comes the malignant lump" Ladory snarls.

Theodore nodded along to Ladory's comment.

"What are those things doing here?"

Ladory rolled his eyes letting out a silent ironic sigh.

"It's called "learning" something I'm sure you're not used to, second elder brother", Ladory emphasizes.

"And here I was thinking dumb animals are incapable of learning" Victor retorted back quite coldly.

"You wouldn't know since you are just a mere bug, only capable of surviving"
Theodore said with a smirk

"And that makes you my younger brother" Victor snarls at him,

"Different mothers means different species brother, you wouldn't know since you aren't capable of thinking". Theodore said with a smile

"Yes different species, your is a more disgusting an-"

"NEIGH!!!"

Victor was frightened when Ladory suddenly pulled the horse reins and it stood on its two back feet as its two front feet raised in the air.

¡KICK!

Victor suddenly flew right in the haystack in the fields.

"Oopsies, I did it again"

Theodore burst out laughing and said, "Brother there must be something wrong with your horse"

"Don't insult my daisy, she is quite delicate" Ladory patted her gently laughing alongside Theodore.

No one should ever cut in the argument or disturb the twins. It's a well known rule, because they were prodigies their siblings saw them as a threat to their inheritance.