chapter 16

Ladory and Theodore looked at Zelda who entered the carriage. It's been three days since Theodore killed his victim so it was now Ladory's turn. They were heading to town now.

"Theo, do you want to explore the town first before we put them in a panic?" Asked Ladory

"Yeah!" Theodore was excited to try the same foods made by different people but also new types of foods he hasn't tried yet.

Ladory looked at him in dead eyes filled with boredom, "you glutton" he said to Theodore. "Anyway , you should show Zelda around. Because of her brother and family she hasn't been around much, you know this town better than me anyways" he said apathetically.

Theodore only smiled; he knew what Ladory implied but he didn't care; he loved to eat and therefore got to know much more about the town(s).

When the carriage drove into town it stopped by a store, they all stepped out and Ladory was going to buy some clothes for his beloved sister Zelda. The capture target they were going for loves to pick out sinners after all. He entered the shop and bought some dark, expressive clothing. The people looked at him weirdly but he didn't care. Next he decided to go to a small tavern. They'll be here for a few days anyway so what does it matter?

He went inside and the drunken men all looked at him, some even blushed, they all knew right off the bat he was a noble he didn't care. He went to the counter and flipped a gold coin between his fingers smiling with his left hand on his jaw.

"How many mugs can a gold coin buy" he smiled coldly

The bartender felt chills but ultimately liked how attractive he was with it. "10 mugs"

"Okay then, filled it every time I'm finished"

The bartender then went, smiled this stupid gullible noble don't know danger or the type of person these people are.

He filled the mug and passed it to him, Ladory took one large gulp beer and tasted awful this world too huh?.

"You don't like it?" Theodore asked because although he likes food he loves alcohol as well and with the help of magic he can purify hood books to stay healthy and beautiful.

"I never said that, despite its taste I love beer" he said, smarking. "

"Okay if you say so" Theodore said and then ordered one mug for himself.

"Well, we can't forget our lovely Zel can we?, what's you soft and simpler drink"

"We have the glory rose" he said

"Do ladies love it?"

"It's most requested by ladies" the Bartender answered

"Then give it to the young lady"

The men grinned at her but she didn't feel uncomfortable, she is not supposed to kill Ladory and Theodore's targets right? Nothing was said about others besides with her light magic it's impossible to become intoxicated.

That is one of reasons why light magic is so special, all the other elements cannot really do anything about it, so they rely on magic potions or healing magic.

The bartender passed her the drink she took it an took a sip then smiled, "it's really good"

"If you say so" he said taking another drink

A few seconds later a hooded man sat beside Ladory and said to the bartender. "The usual please" although he said it politely. His voice was the complete opposite, almost sounded threatening.

Ladory looked at the wooded figure and snickered, all the others tensed up in the bar. But he didn't care and finished his mug.

"Another one please" he teased the stranger putting on a small pouty face.

The stranger tilted his head to see who he sat next to, his red hair peaked out of his hood. His golden eyes hidden in his hood remained calm and then he remembered seeing someone like his long ago. With such a memory the boy had not changed so he smirked in interest, "it's good to be polite"

The stranger looked into Ladory's eyes as he said so, almost sounding sarcastic. Ladory snorted, then rolled his eyes, taking up the now filled mug.

"Did I ask for your opinion?, or did I say I wanted to be good?" He asked snaring at this man he took a drink staring at him

Familiar yet unfamiliar how strange.

"Clearly you don't want to be a good boy so I just wanted to teach you a lesson about manners" The stranger said with a smirk.

"What am I your pet?" He asked sarcastically rolling his eyes

Zelda leans toward Theodore and whispers, "do you know him? Are they doing what the girls called flirting?" She asked curiously.

Theodore choked on his drink and started coughing he did not know what they were doing was called flirting the world of romance sure is a mystery, after he stopped coughing he said, "I'm not sure but he feels familiar I just can't put my finger on it"

Theodore responded while wiping his mouth being unintentionally elegant because etiquette was engraved in his bones because of his and Ladory's strict teacher.

Zelda responded with "oh" then went on drinking.

Ladory looked at the stranger, "you I feel like I know you from somewhere, like annoyingly familiar" he said.

The stranger laughed and after he finished his drink he got up and said, "How about stealing your kill in the slums?" After he said this he was gone.

Ladory widened his eyes. How could he forget that bastard!, "it's that son of a- ehem, now that I'm reminded"

He clenched the glass so tight that it started to crack until shattered and all the beer spread on the counter.

"Theo! Remember his face he is a special target to kill" Ladory said

"Aw, but he must have been flirting with you," Zelda said.

"Zel that's not flirting that's being annoying two different things" he said,

"Fine if you say so right theo?" Zel said with double meaning.

Theodore was laughing because of Ladory's previous interaction with the stranger and the stranger's identity but he still managed to say, "that was flirting?"

"It's not flirting, what would you too virgins know about flirting?" He asked getting annoyed

Theodore was even more confused: was it flirting or not?

Ladory didn't like the look on his face, "forget it!, give me another drink!" He orders.

His mood was soured.