Chapter Twenty Five

PLEASE PLAY SONG ON REPEAT AS GOES WITH WHOLE CHAPTER AND SETS THE ATMOSPHERE 

Nikolas p.o.v 

We had been driving for eight hours , I was agitated and relentless on getting Lana back. Night had fallen I opened the window and rested my elbow on the window frame. I looked at the highway, Lanas face flashed before my eyes. I closed my eyes, I could feel she was so close but yet so far.

'' You want a smoke Nik?'' asked a exhausted Santino. 

''Light me up'' I replied hoarsely . I took the lighted smoke from Santinos hand and puffed on it.

'' how about we get something to eat there should be a town in the next thirty kilometres'' said Santino.

''I'm not hungry but if you need to eat stop where ever you want'' I said finishing the smoke. I threw the cigarette stub out and put the window back up. I tilted my head against the seat head rest.

When I found Lana there was  no way I was going to let her go out of my sight. These nine months had been fucking hell for me. The weakness I felt when she left me, I vowed I would never let her make me feel like that again. I had been attacked by four different mobs, word had got out I wasn't in a stable mind set so that had a domino effect , the wolves had descended. That was the last time I let my guard down. 

''You okay nik?'' asked Santino in a low ton of voice, he had been through so much with me in these past nine months. He was scared that I was going to slip.

'' There's nothing to worry about'' I reassured Santino with half a smile.

End of Nik p.o.v

=========================================================================

''You ready yet?'' I bellowed at the bottom of the stairs to shei.

''Im coming for gods sakes Lana'' said Shei as she scurried down the stairs. I looked at her mini black dress that she was wearing that donned her body perfectly. She had her curly brown locks tied up in a messy pony with a few curls popping out. 

'' you look beautiful but im starving lets go''  I said. 

''is that what you're wearing?'' asked Shei in disappointment. She looked at me from top to bottom. I was wearing a pair of white converses and a loose pair of jeans and a white fitted tee. I never wore casual clothing , a part of me felt like I didn't need to dress up anymore as I realised I dressed for Nikolas's attention, I loved the way he looked at me in everything I wore and the way he made me feel.

''Hello earth calling Lana'' snapped shei's finger in front of me.

''Yes'' I said coming around. I often reminisced about Nikolas. 

''Lets go'' I said adamantly. 

Yes Mam'' said Shei doing the army commander wave.

======================================

We pulled up at in the parking lot of this little quiet restaurant.

''Wow a actual restaurant Lana '' gleamed Shei , wasting no time and pushing the trucks door open. We both stepped out , we looked at the outside, I mean it wasn't like any of the establishment's that I had been accustomed to but then that was my old life and I needed to understand I was just a regular girl now. I was no longer Lana Grayson realtor to Miami's most wealthy business man by day and don of Miami by night.

Shei spoke to the waiter, we waited a few minutes before he seated us. The restaurant was busy , I looked at the couples seated. You could see the love between some people,  suddenly I felt that empty hole in the pit of my stomach. The waiter came over.