CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

LANA

The next morning, I had woken to an empty bed, Nikolas was not in the bedroom or shower. I got up and made my way to my bedroom. I grabbed a robe and headed for the shower. When I got out I opened my closet and decided on a red play suit. It had no sleeves and a buttoned-up neckline. I blow dried my hair and straightened it. I went for just mascara light blue and a red lip. I walked down the marble staircase bare foot. I walked past Nikolas's study, I could hear voices inside, the conversation sounded heated.

''Trust me it's not the Dicampios!'' shouted Nikolas.

'' I'm going to the Johnson's, they might know something'' Said Scott.

I stood by the door, Santino suddenly opened the door looking at me straight in the face.

''umm, sorry I was looking for Nikolas'' I lied. Santino arced his eyebrow like he knew I was bullshitting. Scott followed behind him. He smirked as he came close.

''Morning Lana'' he said as he chewed on his tooth pick.

I didn't reply, I entered the chambers. Nikolas didn't even acknowledge my presence. I sat down in one of the plush leather chairs.

''Is there something I can help you with?'' asked Nikolas without looking up from his laptop.

I was taken back by his coldness.

''What's wrong with you? You seem on edge'' I asked.

''Everything is rosy just fucking rosy chicka'' he said slamming his laptop down. I jumped up in my seat. He buried his face into his knuckles.

''Okay I think its best if I leave you'' I said as I slowly got out of my seat.

''Come here'' he said still not looking up. I reluctantly walked towards him. He then grabbed me by my waist and pressed his head against my stomach.

''don't leave my sight do you understand'' said Nikolas in a concerned voice.

''What's wrong?'' I asked as I found myself grabbing the back of his head and stroking his hair.

''Nothing'' he lied and moved his head back finally looking at me.

''Okay well I got one viewing today so I better eat something and be off'' I said.

''Santino will be accompanying you'' said Nikolas.

''What? Why! '' I said.

''No fucking questions, when did I start answering to you!'' said Nikolas.

There it was the cold over bearing Nikolas I was so use to.

''Sorry I forgot my place, I shouldn't think because we are fucking I have the right to ask you anything!'' I said, I didn't wait for his reply, I quickly exited the study and wiped the tear that rolled down my cheek.

I had finished breakfast, Santino was waiting by the car. I slipped my shades on and didn't say anything when he opened the cars door. We both were silent on the way to my viewing.

''Boss has a few things on his plate Lana, don't be offended by his attitude'' said Santino calmly.

''I think you would find that you are biased Santino'' I said in a bitchy tone of voice.

Santino didn't say anything, he knew I was pissed.

''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a bitch'' I said as I moved the hair that was hitting my face. We had the Mercedes top down.

''So, are you going to tell me why you are accompanying me?'' I asked.

''I'm sorry, I can't'' said Santino regretfully.

''OK whatever'' I said as we pulled up.

My client was already here. As I walked up to the male figure.

''Hi im-'' I stopped as I recognized the person.

''Lana!'' said the blonde hair handsome guy.

''Christian?'' I said in surprise.

''what a pleasant surprise'' he said as he placed his shaded on the neck of his shirt.

''What a small world'' I said in genuine shock.

''So, I better show you around'' I said as I opened the door.

''So, your buying property out here? have you packed up your life in New York?'' I asked.

''Yes I wanted a different scenery, I want to see how Miami treats me'' smiled Christian.

''that's great'' I said.

After showing Christian the property about half hour had passed. We both made our ways outside whilst I locked the door.

''Well if you ever need a lawyer you know where to find me'' he smiled.

''Thanks, so what do you think of the property'' I asked.

''I think I'm not going to jump in the deep end and buy I probably just get a rental, is that something you can help me with?'' he asked.

''I'm sorry Christian I don't deal with rentals but I can give you a number of someone that can help you'' I said as I scrolled in my contacts for this specific number.

''You know you never did take my number that day'' he said.

''I'm sorry but I'm with someone'' I said, I had no idea what made me say that as I don't know what me and Nikolas were.

''Hey that's fine by me! We have always been friends Lana'' he smiled.

''I don't even think being friends is an option'' I said honestly.

''Wow this guy has some control over you huh'' he said scratching the back of his head.

Something suddenly ticked in me, he was right who the fuck was Nikolas to dictate who I could and could not keep as friends.

''Give me your cell'' I said, Christian handed it over and I punched in my digits and rang my cell.

''I will save your number'' I smiled.

''Great, let me know when you're free, we can go out for a drink soon'' sad Christian.

''OK, I will see you soon oh and I'll pass your number on'' I smiled and walked away from a smiley Christian.

As I got back into the car, Santino looked at me.

''That was not wise Lana'' he said disapprovingly.

''Nikolas can shoot me'' I said in spite as I put on my sunglasses, Santino looked at me and arched his left eyebrow. Knowing Nikolas that would be an option I suddenly thought.