Chapter Twenty Nine

I quickly dressed as Nikolas put himself together. He was swearing under his breath.

''So you have a brother?'' I asked intrigued. Nikolas fixed his hair and then stopped turning towards me.

''Yes'' he said coldly and firmly. 

''Okay you're acting weird'' I said arching my brow.

''Come down and ill introduce you both'' he said.

 Before I could reply  he stormed out the room and hurried down the spiral staircase. I watched Nikolas walk casually over to his brother who was sitting at the bar and seemed to be getting acquainted with the attractive bar maid. Scott had stood up and hugged Nikolas in a full bear hug. Nikolas's body language changed he seemed a little more at ease. He stood back and then rubbed the top of Scott's hair making him laugh. It was like Nikolas was more like his father than a brother, his demeanour was strong but  he softened a little as he stared at his brother.

 Then they both caught me off guard, Turning my way looking up. Scott laughed and raised his glass. How fucking embarrassing he must have thought I was a freak watching them from a far. My cheeks blushed with embarrassment and I just quickly put my hand up. 

I made my way down the steps and then through the crowd. I approached them both. Scott quickly stood up.

''So this is the dashing Lana'' he said as he took my hand and kissed the back of it.

''You're very ..'' I got stuck for the word I was looking for.

''A gent?'' he laughed.

''Its the London etiquette'' he smiled. He was very handsome,very angelic looking. 

''lets move this over to the booth'' said Nikolas. He got up and made his way to the made up booth with arrangements of drinks on the table.

''clear this all and get us some water'' said Nikolas.

We sat down in the booth, I was baffled to why he cleared all the drinks.

''I'm three years sober'' said Scott reading my mind.

''Oh'' I said taken a back.

Nikolas gave half a smile to his brother.

''Thats great! good for you scott'' I said smiling at him awkwardly. 

''So was there a reason why I wasn't invited to the wedding? '' Asked Scott. As he sipped on his water.

''I can answer that , you see you're brother actually held me and my best friend hostage, also a priest by gun point and forced a marriage registration up on me'' I said truthfully and straight to the point. At which Scott choked on his water.

''Is that fucking so'' Scott Laughed.

''You know when I want something I take it'' Nikolas replied coldly as he stared at me with his  dark orbs. He put his hand up to the bar tender within seconds a drink was placed in front of Nikolas who downed it in seconds.

''Wow you guys seem to have tension'' said Scott looking at both of us.

I didn't realise Scott was talking me and Nikolas was locked into a staring battle. The swirls of anger mixed with sexual tension swirled in his eyes.

''So I think I better head off i will tell Santino to take me home im jet legged'' said Scott awkwardly.

''You both can go'' said Nikolas now tuning his attention to Scott. 

''okay cool lets go sister in law'' smiled Scott. He had a boyish grin.

''Thank god the Garcia family's getting extended before you know it we will have a small Lana and Nikolas running about '' laughed Scott innocently. I looked down and sipped on my drink.

''Shall we go?'' I said getting up. 

''Errr sure'' Scott said totally regretting what had come out of his mouth.

As I stood up ready to exit the booth, Nikolas yanked back on my hand and pulled me down next to him locking his lips forcefully onto mine. He roughly kissed my mouth and I gave as good as I could get making him breathlessness. 

''You trying to make a point Nikolas?'' I said shallow breathing. 

''No Miss Garcia have a good night'' said Nikolas. He shuffled around to the other side of the booth, he stood up. He hugged Scott. 

''Ill see you at the house tell Maria to make you something if you're hungry'' they both hugged, Nikolas didn't look at me he just carried on making his way back to the office.

''My brother is rather peculiar''  smiled Scott as he made his way out the club.

Nikolas P.O.V  

PLEASE PLAY SONG ON REPEAT

I waited until they left the club, then I left. I got into my midnight black porsche 911. I took a big bottle of whiskey with me it was needed. I sped across the Miami strip my window was down, I gulped a huge swig of the strong whiskey. Tears threatened to run down my face. It was eighteen years that I didn't need to deal with this feeling of loss and pain.

I looked into the rear mirror and looked into my own eyes. I quickly moved my gaze on the highway. Why would Scott come and put  his life in danger. I always wanted him under the radar and to live a normal life not like the fucked up life I've had to live. I've spent all my life trying to protect him and now he willingly comes into the lions den.

There were eyes everywhere and It would be hunting season if people knew my brother was in town. eighteen years I've kept him safe since he was seven years old.

I pulled up by the rocky cliff. I got out and sat up on the bonnet. The waves crashed fiercely, the water felt like the inside of me, a forever storm brewing. 

Flash back

I was coming back from school. I approached the steps of our worn out old house. I wonder what mom had cooked for us today. For the past week we had been having bread and water. Dad was in debt with a loan shark who was bleeding us dry adding interest whenever he felt like it. He couldn't go to the cops they were all bought.  Mom was working two jobs and dad would do odd jobs but it wasn't enough.  

As I walked up the porch there was a eerie silence. Strange usually I could hear Scarlett playing. I could see the door was already ajar. Weird why would the door be unlocked. I pushed open the door. My eyes were deceiving me, I refused to believe what I was looking at was with my moms lifeless body bleed out on the sitting room floor. I dropped my school bag, my head swirled in confusion, as I looked to my right I saw my dads lifeless body sitting at the table with a bullet threw his head. Tears escaped my eyes.

'' Mommm daddd'' I stuttered. My eyes scanned the room where was Scarlett. I looked everywhere frantically. I ran into the bedroom, there she lay on the floor surrounded by her toys.

''NO No nooooo'' I screamed. I sat next to my sisters lifeless little body. Suddenly there was movement from the corner of the room, Scott opened the lid of the trunk. His eyes met mine. He started crying hysterically I quickly got up not having time to process everything. I helped him out the trunk.

''Close your eyes okay'' I ordered him. 

Scott just cried and let me guide him out the house. As I walked past the bodies of my little innocent sister and my mother and father. I took Scott out the house and held him tight.

''I'm going to protect you'' I said whilst sobbing and holding him tightly. 

End of Flashback 

That day my sister and father and mother had died, but I had also died in the process. I was only thirteen years old, I was a boy who was forced by this cruel fate to become a man. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------