CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

PICTURE IS LANA 

PLEASE LISTEN TO SONG WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER AS SETS THE SCENE 

==================================================================

Nikolas P.O.V

It felt like time had come to a standstill, it was Lana. I closed my eyes , tears threatened to fall. I quickly opened them back , I was no longer weak and vulnerable.

''Turn the fucking car Santino! Its them!'' I yelled, I started hitting my hand on the dash board. 

''Fuck!'' yelled Santino. He slammed down on the breaks and spun the vehicle around leaving a gust of dirt behind us. 

''Hurry up Santino don't fucking lose her!'' I yelled frantically. I bit down on my knuckles anxiously. 

''Fuck she's not slowing down'' shouted Santino.

I bit down on my lower lip in anger.

''Fucking ram the truck off the freeway'' I yelled.

''Let me get to a safe place first Nik, I don't want to danger them '' replied Santino.

''just hurry up!'' I yelled, I took my gun out from behind the small of my back .

''What the fuck you doing with that!'' yelled Santino.

''Just fucking drive'' I said calmly. She wasn't giving up we had been chasing them for about twenty minutes. It seemed like a fucking hour.  I slowly put the window down, I took the silencer from the glove compartment I screwed the silencer on the magnum. I took the gun outside the vehicles window and expertly aimed it at the back right tyre.

The truck stared to swerve. I laughed sinisterly, I watched carefully she was trying to gain control but she couldn't. I sat forward in my seat and squinted my eyes. 

''Three, two , one'' I said quietly. Then the car suddenly curved on the side of the freeway. 

''Yes'' I smirked.

Santino quickly speeded behind them, I couldn't wait for him to stop the vehicle, I quickly opened the door and jumped out I rolled on the ground and landed straight back on my feet. I ran to the truck both doors were open. 

''FUCK FUCK! '' I shouted. I slowly ran my hand threw my hair. I took a deep breath. I looked around. I could see a church a few feet away. There's no way they ran in there I would have seen them go in that direction, I looked to my left there was a forest.

''Santino'' I shouted, he looked at me. I waved my gun towards the forest indicating for him to look there.

''I want both of them!'' I snarled. Santino was looking worried. He thought I didn't know about his feelings for Shei , I needed her for leverage.

I moved the long branches that poked from everywhere. I slowly treaded amongst the leaves. I stopped for a second. I could hear movement. In a blink of an eye I saw something run past.

''got you'' I said as I ran in the north direction. As I ran I came to a running stream.

''Fuck'' I yelled.

Where the fuck was she as I looked at the water flowing down the stream, I closed my eyes and blocked out the water sound. Then I heard light footsteps stepping on the crunchy leaves. I quickly spun around and aimed my gun. It was Lana she stood there frozen.

''Lana '' I whispered. I lowered the gun as I did Lana turned to run. I aimed at the tree she was facing and shot it. She stood still her back faced towards me. 

''Stop fucking running Lana !'' I shouted in anger. Her back was still turned towards me. I quickly walked towards her. I stood behind her, I slowly smelt her hair . I missed her sweet scent. I slowly grabbed her arm and turned her around. She looked straight into my eyes.