Chapter twenty eight

Lanas p.o.v

It had been ten days since I got back. Nikolas had left in a separate vehicle it was weird after being a part for so long I thought he would be suffocating me. Me and Santino and Shei had left the church that day together and I had only seen Nikolas a few times, well actually glimpses of him as we passed each other in the hall or different parts of the mansion. Truth be told I was starting to crave his attention. I knew the last words I had said to him about not being worthy to be saved had hit him hard. That was me all through and through when we fought I went for the jugular I didn't play nice. 

I touched the empty space on the bed next to me. Nikolas was sleeping in another room of the mansion.  I jolted up from the bed and opened the room door, As I walked down the hall Nikolas's room door was ajar. He was on a call. I stopped and eavesdropped by the door.

''Make sure he comes straight here, no one should know his in town. He never fucking listens I told him I was going to come and see him'' said Nikolas annoyed, I glimpsed inside the room he was standing in front of the tall standing mirror, he was buttoning his crisp white shirt. He suddenly looked at the corner of his eye, I quickly ran down the hall back to my room. I sat on the bed, who was coming in town I wondered. 

==================================================================

I needed air I decided to go see Shei, we had only spoke over the phone since I had been back. I needed to get out I was suffocating here. I had this built up frustration in me against Nikolas. I threw on a pair loose fitted trousers and a pinstripe fitted waistcoat. I let my long locks fall at the small of my back. Makeup was natural and kept to a minimal. I wore my Louboutin's and grabbed a small black clutch bag. As I made my way to the doors entrance, I stopped as I reached Nikolas's study I slowly pushed open the door. I popped my head in , there was no sign of him. Fuck why did I even bother checking,  he must be at one of his establishments. Then I remembered the call he had received about someone coming into town. As I pondered on this thought I exited the mansion and unlocked my BMW. I cant believe he still kept my car. I stood as I admired her. She meant a lot to me , she was the first expensive purchase I had made when I made a nice buck on selling my first piece of real estate. I shrugged off past memories that flowed threw my mind, I quickly sat inside and put my foot down. 

An Hour later

''That shit was unreal and I cant help but feel so fucking guilty Lana'' cried Shei as she sat next to me on the couch and downed a whole glass of red.

''who are we kidding it was only going to be a matter of time before he found us'' I said casually. 

''No but-'' stuttered Shei.

''No buts, who are we fucking kidding he is Nikolas Garcia '' I said finishing off my wine.

''I've been thinking since this is my life now looks like I wont be going anywhere anytime soon, I was thinking about opening  my own real estate agency'' I said looking at Shei for approval.

''Get the fuck out of here! you for real! that's fucking awesome'' shouted Shei in excitement. 

''I was thinking if you would like to work with me ?'' I reluctantly asked , I was scared of refusal and my face showed this. 

''Please are you messing with me!, Ahhhhh'' shrieked Shei in utter excitement. 

''Im being serious'' I smiled.

''HELL Yeah!'' shouted Shei , who then hugged me tightly. 

As a few hours passed , we had brainstormed and drank a little too much wine.

''So we do brunch tomorrow ill pick you up be ready for around two'' I shouted as I said bye to Shei.

''See you tomorrow'' waved Shei down the corridor as I looked back at her. I put my hand up and then exited the apartment building. As I stepped out the cool air hit my nose. The weather was perfect, I didn't want to go home. I looked at my watch it was around ten, the night was still young. I quickly got out my cell and messaged Santino. He messaged straight back. I smirked to myself, I was going to go see Mr Garcia.