Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

I ignored Santino's presence he waited across the street as I approached my buildings entrance, I made my way up to my apartment, as soon as I opened the front door I was greeted by Mario.

''What the hell you look all fucked up'' said Mario as he bit into his toast and carried on ironing his top on the couches cushion.

''Thanks'' I replied. As I slammed the door, Shei came rushing out the bedroom.

''Hey, you, wow you look rough, long night'' winked Shei.

''Something like that'' I said as I threw my keys on the kitchen island, I poured myself a cup of black coffee which was already made.

''So how was your night, you let some steam off?'' said Mario.

''not really'' I grunted as I sipped on my coffee. How the fuck was I supposed to explain that I was moving in with Nikolas. This wasn't going to be easy to explain this fucked up situation.

''Me and Vito broke up'' I said quietly.

Mario and Shei paused in what they were doing. Shei was zipping up her skirt and Mario held the iron in his hand. Suddenly time had come to a standstill.

''Come again?'' said Mario gobsmacked.

''He skipped town, when I went to the apartment yesterday, he was gone, I called him he told me he had met someone else and he was eloping'' I lied, there was no way in hell I could tell them the truth that Vito had embezzled millions from Nikolas and had framed me by putting the offshore account in both our names and on top of that catching him getting sucked off and to top it off I would have to be Nikolas's personal sex slave. My head suddenly started to hurt.

''I knew there was something not right with him, he was to fucking nice, fuck I hate the good guys, they always hiding their true persona'' said Shei as she came over to me and hugged me.

''Look biatch you know you can do hundred times better, move on, there's of plenty fish in Miami baby'' said Mario putting on a bright purple shirt. He was a creative designer for a high-end fashion magazine he always dressed the part.

Shei grabbed her bag, she was off to work, she worked in a small fancy jewellers shop in Miami's strip. I would have to tell them that I wouldn't be here when they got back.

''There's one more thing guys, I won't be spending the nights here anymore, Nikolas was there for me last night I was fragile, he suggested I stay with him until I get myself sorted out'' I lied, I could feel my cheeks burn.

''What! hold the phone, the guy you hate, all of a sudden you moving in with him? What the heck I miss?'' said Mario confused.

''That shit doesn't even make sense, what are you hiding from us'' said Shei suspiciously.

''What? Nothing! I just saw a different side to Nikolas last night and I'm just going to be sorting my head out that's all'' I lied.

''Okay well this don't make sense one bit, let's get together tonight?'' said Shei.

''Okay we go for drinks'' I said.

''See you at seven '' said Mario as he blew air kisses, Shei was out the door with him too.

My life was totally fucked up, I took a deep breath. I had to get ready work, I went in my bedroom, I opened a suitcase I grabbed most my clothes out the wardrobe and flung them in. I opened another suitcase and done the same for my shoes, I wasn't going to take everything because I was going to make sure I was back home in no time.