Chapter 4

The horses' hooves hit the ground, as the carriage jostled down the street.  James stared out of the window, his sister resting on his shoulder. He glanced at his niece, Charlotte. Now twenty-one, she too ad a cast-fallen face. He looked out the window again, today was going to be a long day. 

The rain poured as the priest prayed for the person's soul, the family members were consoled including James and his family. James glanced up to see his Edward, standing off in the distance. Excusing himself, he approached his friend. "For a Bessie, you really disrespect the dead" Edward glanced sideways at his friend. "I'm sorry, James. I really am" James waved him off. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. Edward glanced downward. "Who ever is doing is having quite a strope". Edward chuckled. "I doubt it, James. If he wanted attention, he's got it" he said ruefully. "Yea, oh and about that thing" he turned. 

Edward rose an eyebrow. "I'm in. I'm back in the fray. Just give me some time" he said, glancing back down. "Sure, James" he said, striding off.  James approached the grave, holding some purple hyacinths. "Ms. Jones. I'm here, I'd love some blueberry pie" he chuckled. "Anyway, you're a great woman. I'd...I'd wish I said it more" tears welled in his eyes. "I know you told me not to cry cause I'd look stupid but I can't help it" the tears flowed down his cheeks. "I'll miss you, Ms. Jones. Thanks for you've done". He covered his face to hide his tears. He fell to his knees and wept on the angel statue as it continued to rain. The rain pouring gave the appearance of tears streaming down the angel's cheek as if it too was crying. 

AN: Purple Hyacinths in Victorian times mean "Sorrow". I was beating my computer with research! 😂🤣(That was a sarcastic joke. If I really was, I wouldn't be writing this book🙄😅). Sorry for the short chapter, I didn't know what else to put. 

I dedicate this chapter to my grandfather, Gershom Albert. He passed in 2021 from a stroke. I hope to see him again in the New Jerusalem when Jesus comes again to take his children home.