Chapter 21 - Epilogue

Years later - 1888.....

Charlotte went down to the post office with her uncle, to pick up a package. "Good day, Sir and Miss," Greeted the man there warmly. "Same to you, Sir. Come on uncle," Charlotte urged.  James groaned. "I'm too old for this," He complained.

"I can't believe it's been three years since the case," Charlotte said as the package was handed to her. "I can't believe sweet Ann and Vincent are married," He commented. "It seemed so long ago though, that Stephen being arrested. My god, it was so haunting seeing Nicole Moor hanging there. I remember her execution like it was yesterday," She said as they left the building. 

They enter the carriage and beckoning the driver, he whips the horses who move forward. So it has been a long time after the case.  Stephen was given life in prison while his accomplice was no so lucky. In the eyes of Her Majesty the queen, Nicole being a supernatural and killing her own kind made her more guilty. Thomas however, visits the killer, as thanks for saving him. 

The Howards were released but were placed under house arrest and Katherine and the other nurses were invited to Anastasia's wedding. Katherine was even the maid of honor. 

Edward Cromwell was made mayor for the town for saving it from the terror of Doctor Death.

Louise opened the door and pushed them inside. "What's the matter, mother?" Charlotte quired. "Mary's giving birth!" Louise yelled. 

Mary was huffing as the two women now by her side, encouraged her to push. "Why the bloody hell is she here? She should be in a bloody hospital!" James said. "All we know is a puddle of water underneath her.  So like it or not, you're going to witness the miracle of life. Now push, Mary! Push!" Louise encouraged her. Swallowing his frustration, he asked his wife, "Are you alright?" "I will be when this baby's out of me!" She snapped back.  

"Push Mary Push!" Charlotte said. "Aren't you suppose to be good at giving birth?" James asked, biting at his nails. "James!" Louise snapped. "I'm sorry, I had to make that joke!" He yelled. "EVERYONE SHUT UP! IT'S COMING! AHHHHHHH!!!!" Mary yelled. James fainted. 

A baby's wail soon filled the room. Louise washed the baby then wrapped it in cloth. "Congratulations," She handed the baby to her sister-in-law. "Uncle, are you okay?" Charlotte helped him sit up. "I...I'm alright," He said grimly.  "Well...what are we going to name the child?" The older woman asked her brother. James got to his feet and approaches his wife. Long after the case, he and Mary started to date and got married within a year. Ms. Jones would be proud of him. 

As he held the baby, he looked at his sister, his niece, his nephew in law and now his wife.  He blinked back the tears in his eyes. "Also, it's a girl," Louise adds. "Of course it is," He smiles. "Whatcha gonna name her?" Charlotte asks her uncle. 

Flashback

*******

"Well, Stephen in prison. Where you belong," James smirked. "Yeah, where I belong," Stephen sighs.  Lighting a cigar, he exhales the smoke. "I'm heading to Ann's wedding,"  The doctor's eyebrows shot up. "Give her my regards as well as Vincent." James nods. "Oh I will. I will. Um...another thing. If you had a daughter, what would you name her?"  Stephen raises an eyebrow. "What?" "I'm torn between Agnes and Mary," James rubbed his knuckles. 

Stephen bowed his head, thinking. "I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused you."  James nodded. "Death is not hard on anyone but life...means a new beginning. I used to gift others with life but that gift became corrupted, James. I'm not excusing what I did but.....I took someone who was dearest to you and they in turn took someone from me, though I care not that Nicole was killed."

"If you really want to celebrate the life of  newborn child, name her..."

******

"Emma, how about Emma?" James suggested. Louise blinked back the tears in her eyes. "I like that, James," Mary smiled at her husband. "Me too, Virgin Mary. Me too," James smiled back. 

All's well that ends well. 

A/N: Thanks for reading this hectic, hilarious story :)