Chapter 16

Charlotte awoke to find her herself unable to move. "Ah! so you have awakened, Miss. Welcome," bowed the doctor. She tried to move but to no avail. "Let me go!" She begged. "I'm afraid not, my dear. Now, to dissect my real target" the man said, stepping toward the young man as she attempt to get free.  

"Where's Charlotte? " Asked a nervous Thomas. "Should've been back by now. What if..." James raised a hand and placed a a finger on his lips. "Wait for it..." He whispered. On cue, a man entered and yelled. "My lord's been taken!" Gasps of horror resonated through out the building. "There's a cue, come on!"  He beckoned them. Mary signaled to Edward who excused himself and signaled the other officers.  If James was right, he would be hailed a hero from all of England.

Doctor Death towered over the vampire who glared at him. "Ready to meet your demise?" He asked. "That was a rhetorical question wasn't it?" he asked boredly. "Aren't you scared?" Asked Doctor Death. "Why should I be scared of a man who wears a mask? Why don't you take it of and show us who you really are: a coward" he emphasized. 

Doctor Death snatched a silver knife and plunge it into his chest. Cries of pain fell from his lips. "Don't worry, I haven't pierce your heart,  not yet anyway. Who's cowering now?" He asked mockingly. The vampire tried to suck in air back into his lungs. "If I can feel pain, I bet you can too!" He bit down on the man's hand. Doctor Death stumbled back, holding his bloodied hand in pain. "Stop playing with the dead meat, husband" berated Charlie who stepped from the shadows. 

The vampire growled. "You will pay dearly for this!" he snarled. "So shall you!" She snarled back at him. "Husband, deal with the girl. I shall kill this fool! For my son" She said. Doctor Death nodded and began to wrap bandages around his hand. "My dear, I'm afraid it's time for your appointment" he picked up a chopping knife. "God, guide my uncle and he'd better save me. I beg you God" she prayed. "I'm afraid your prayers haven't been answered" he said, raising the knife.  "Quite the contrary!" spoke a voice.  

Louise burst in like a madwoman, swinging a club. She hits Charlie on the head and knocks down Doctor Death with such force, he lays on the ground stunned. "Shame on you.....You animals!" She screamed.  Thomas whistled and James smirked, cigar in hand. "Argh!" She yelled.  Louise  beat Charlie mercilessly with the club, over and over again. Several officers had to pull her away from the killer.  Mary ran to the Lord's side, freeing him while Thomas frees his wife. 

Louise kept yelling, kicking and thrashing about. "Louise, calm down. I think you killed one of them," James titled his head. "They don't deserve to live!" She pulled out of the officers grasp. "Thomas?" Charlotte said. "Charlotte," Thomas said, tears pouring down his face. The couple kissed passionately. Mary and Vincent look at each other then quickly avert their gazes. 

"Talk about a mood setter," James muttered. He turned to the pair. Doctor Death helped Charlie sit up as James approaches them. "This is a violation of our rights!" yelled Doctor Death. "So was the killing of supernaturals" He countered. "Please, let us explain..." The doctor began. "Time's up" He said, removing Doctor Death's and Charlie's mask. His eyes widened as the mask dropped to the floor. "John" He whispered, his eyes showing sadness. The couple looked at each other in shame.

AN: Didn't know what to put in here. You know the drill. Enjoy.