Chapter 19

A few days before...

"I'm telling you, this doesn't seem right" said James. "The case is closed. The Howards will no longer terrorize this town. You can sleep well tonight" Edward said. "But something about all this just doesn't add up!" he yelled at them. "James, go home and celebrate" Edward placed his hand on his friend's shoulder. James broke form his hold and walked out in a rage. "James!" cried out Mary. He faced his partner who was trying to catch her breath. "James...I..." she said.  "Mary Lowell, do you want to see a dead body?" he smiled sadly. "What?" she said. James hailed down a carriage and jumped in. "Wait! James!" she cried out after him, chasing the carriage. He waved at her, beaming a smile at her. 

Present time

James laid on the couch, not moving. Bags were under eyes and liquor bottle surrounded the couch and littered the floor. "Brought more buckets for you cry in" said Thomas Baker. "Thanks" he muttered softly. "James, snap out of the stupor. It's ridiculous. The case is closed. You should be drinking in celebration  not depression! " he complained.  James looked at him for a moment before breaking down into tears. "My poor brother", moaned his sister who tended to him. "Louise do something" he commanded his mother in law.  "I am. Tending to my brother" she stated. Thomas waved his mother in law off and walked out, defeated.  Charlotte came rushing in, followed by her husband. "Uncle, someone wish to see you" she gasped. "Bring them in" he said, depressed. Four women entered the room. "I didn't call for prostitutes. Go away" he waved. "Detective, I know where Doctor Death is" Spoke one.  Immediately, he sat up. "Tell me more" He said eagerly. The four looked at each other then nodded to each other. "Well..." Spoke one. 

^^^

A few minutes prior

Ann backed away from her doctor. "Doctor?" she said. Stephen nodded. "This a joke right?" she asked.  "Ann, join me. I want you too. We can rid this world of supernaturals" he offered her hand. "Why?" she asked. He walked over and picked up a syringe. "Why indeed? In truth, I don't know myself but I could figure out the answer with you at my side" he said, approaching a tied down troll. He injected the troll with a substance, causing it to writhe in pain.  He picked up his spatula and began to slice into the conscious body. 

The troll soon stopped moving  and blood flowed down to the floor. he casually began to remove his organs.  Ann gagged while Nicole smirked at the sight. "Now choose: Join me in my quest or you can be the next one to be operated" he smirked. "No, this is wrong. I won't...Katherine was right" She realized. "I take that as a no" He said. He nodded to Nicole who grabbed her. She kicked and screamed but it didn't stop the demoness to strap her in. "Such a lovely girl" He brushed his cheeks across her cheeks teched with tears. "Such a sad day, indeed. I will make your journey to Heaven all the less painful" He rose his spatula.  A gasp interrupted him. "My God!" Elizabeth gasped. 

The two turned to see Katherine, Elizabeth and Ann's friend standing in horror. "Katherine, you were right!" Ann's friend confessed. "You will all die!" screamed Nicole. The three started up the stairs. "What about Ann?" Asked her friend. Elizabeth whispered a spell and the girl levitated out of the chair. "Thank God I'm a witch"  She said. Katherine gave a her look. "I thought a fallen angel gave you those powers" she commented. "Nevermind. Let's get out of here" ordered Ann. The four women women went up the stairs. Nicole started after them. "No Nicole" He said. "But..." "My days are numbered, you were right. It's time for a Plan AD" He said ominously.

^^^

"That's what I last head. I not sure what Plan AD but it doesn't sound good" Spoke Elizabeth. James sat thoughtfully, stroking his chin. "Go to the police station. I'll follow you. We must tell this to Mr. Cromwell, the Chief of Police" he said. "Then let's go!" Louise said, pushing the girls out the door. 

The knocking bothered Edward and his wife which was irritating her.  "Edward!" she screamed at him. "I'll get it my dear" he said, heading for the door. Opening, he was just about to get give the knocker a piece of his mind when he was surprised to James. "Edward, it's Stephen Drake" James said. "What?" he asked. "It's true, they have proof" he said, pointing at the nurses.  After listening to their tale, the Police Chief believed them against. "I don't believe but for some reason I do. I'll get a posse.  Get Mary Lowell, get every man on deck. We have to be certain" He said. Soon enough, every officer was at the police station. 

"Um...Mother in Law. I know you were there when the count was apprehended but why are you here again?" "Why!? This case has made my brother unwell, you became jumpy and my daughter now needs therapy. I want this case to end so I can live in peace and die of old age" She barked. "I'm not jumpy..." He began "Boo!" Went his wife who had sneaked up on him. "AHHHHH!" He screamed, starling everyone. "See?" Louise cocked an eyebrow. The young man blushed in embarrassment while his wife laughed. "Where's Ms. Lowell?" Asked Edward. An officer approached him,  worry on his face. "Ms. Lowell had headed to the hospital. Alone" he told him. "WHAT!" Hollered Edward.

Mary entered the operating room. She was just doing what her partner told her too. She remembered his last words. "Ms. Lowell. Do you want to see a dead body?" She was sure he meant the hospital.  Pushing the operating table, there was a flight of stairs which she entered.  To her surprise, she was meet to the sight of a furnished operating room with a dead body. She went closer to inspect the body. He was already stitched up. "Ms. Lowell" Spoke a raspy voice. She turned to see Dr. Drake behind her. "I see you've discovered my patient. He was inflicted with tuberculosis.  I was just helping his condition" He smiled. "He looks pretty dead to me" She pointed out. "So will you, Ms. Lowell" He smirked.  Nicole covered the woman's mouth with a handkerchief, preventing her from screaming. She soon lost consciousness, the last thing she sees is the doctor's smile. 

AN: The final fight is near. Hope you enjoy, you know the drill. Stay tuned.