Ch. 8 ) First Period

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

The school day begins, and Anya is feeling not that great today. There's a pain below her stomach, but she tries ignoring it and goes on with her day. Anya and Becky are at their desk, working on an assignment. However, Anya's face looks sickly, and Becky can tell.

She looks at Anya, who looks like she's gonna die. "Anya, are you feeling okay? You seem a bit pale today.." She worryingly asks.

Trying to hold back her groaning, she replies, "I'm feeling good! Heheh.." She awkwardly smiles.

"You're not even working at all. If you're feeling sick you should go to the nurse." Becky suggested.

Anya shook her head. "N-no, I'm okay!" I don't like doctors.. so I don't wanna go. She picks up her pencil and tries to work on her assignment.

Becky concerningly sighs. "Since you insist, but I think you really should go.." She goes back to working as well.

Damian stares at Anya from behind the classroom, where his desk is. She is acting a bit strange today.. He taps his pencil on the table. She's also looking pretty ill today.. maybe it's a cold? He ponders at what may be wrong with Anya.

The professor notices that Damian isn't working on his assignment. "Sir Desmond! Quit slacking and get back to work!!" He yells at the boy.

He flinches. "Y-yes, Professor Henderson!" He turns his head down. A few students giggle as his face turns red from embarrassment. Dammit.. that stupid runt keeps on distracting me!! I need to focus.

Anya is feeling more emotional today, and gets really irritated by Damian calling her a 'stupid runt' in his thoughts. That griffin bastard!! Why can't he stop calling me mean names! Out of anger, she snaps her pencil in half. The snap echoed in the room. "Oops.."

Professor Henderson walks up to Anya. "Breaking your school supplies Miss Forger? How very inelegant.." He gives her a stern stare.

She sweats from nervousness. "U-umm.. my finger slipped." She comes up with a poor excuse.

He shakes his head. "Be more careful." He walks back to the podium.

Becky turns to Anya. "It's okay, Anya! Here, I'll give you my spare pencil." She hands her a brand new pencil.

Anya smiles at her friend. "Thanks!" She takes the pencil and continues trying to work.

Damian tries not to laugh, even though he got yelled at as well.

Anya can tell he is trying not to laugh at her, and pouts from annoyance. She's feeling more angry than usual.

·  ·  ·  · ────────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

It is now lunch time, and Anya and Becky are eating together. Anya is pretty hungry so she gobbles up her food.

"Slow down, Anya! You're eating like it's your first meal in days." Becky says as she looks at Anya in revulsion.

It feels like I haven't eaten in days! Anya tries slowing down anyways. She finishes her food pretty quickly, but Becky and everyone else still has not.

As Becky eats, she says, "You're acting pretty strange, are you sure you don't wanna go to the nurse??" She suggests again.

Anya firmly shakes her head. "I feel fine!" Going to the doctors, reminds me of those scientists back then.. She shakes a bit from the thought.