Ch. 38 ) Family Dinner

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

The coming of night arrives. Loid was in the kitchen cooking for dinner and Yor was helping set up the table. Meanwhile, Anya had just finished putting her clothes on for this special occasion.

Just as she was viewing herself in the mirror, there's a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Anya says.

She opens it and only Damian is there. "You finally came!" Anya invites him inside, shutting the door behind.

The two walk near the dinning table. Loid and Yor pause on what they were doing and came over to greet him.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Forger," Damian spoke politely.

Loid smiles, "Welcome, Damian. I suppose your mother is running late?"

"Actually, my mom couldn't come tonight," Damian sighs. "She has an event to go to for the Lady Patriots Society, and she didn't want to cancel." And I thought she wanted to be a better mom...

"No worries, we're glad you came!" Yor says. "We will be having one more guest joining us. He should be here soon-"

The front door slams wide open. "WOO-HOO! THE BEST BRO HAS ARRIVED TO DINE!!"

"Yuri, you made it!" Yor greets him.

"Of course! I'd never miss an invitation from you, Sis!" Yuri walks in, holding a giant bouquet of roses.

Does he always have to bring an abnormal sized bouquet? Loid thought.

As Yuri was handing the roses to Yor, he then notices Damian. WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!?! Sis didn't inform me on anyone else showing up, let alone a GUY!!

"Oh! Please meet our new guest Damian. Damian, meet Yuri." Yor introduces them.

Damian was already aware by Anya of how weird Yuri can be, so he was mentally prepared. "Nice to meet you."

Yuri was flabbergasted. Is that the second son of the chairman!? He's having dinner with us?? "Likewise," he replies with a fake smile on his face. I can't let there be a new man in the house. What if Yor prefers him over me? Or what if he tries STEALING Yor from me?

Wait, no. He's too young to be with my sister. He must be after Chihuahua girl then! "I guess you're Anya's friend, right?" Yuri adds, trying to understand the situation better.

"Actually, Uncle," Anya chimes in, "Damian and I are dating."

Yuri's heart shatters. "D-DATING?!" He wasn't able to keep in his shock.

Damian glances over at Anya. You never told your uncle about us? Anya nervously laughs.

The oven timer rings. "Ah, I see the chicken is ready. Have a seat at the dinning table while I prepare the food," Loid says.

"I'll help out too," Yor follows.

Yuri was still in distraught. Why hasn't Anya filled me in on any of this? I thought we were closer than that! Maybe this guy is secretly a predator, being held psychologically hostage by him and she's too afraid to tell me that!

No, calm down, Yuri. You've been through this before with Sis. Maybe he is a good guy. Yuri overthinks to himself. But if he isn't, then I'll make sure he regrets ever stepping foot in this house!! I'll be sure of that!!!

Anya squints. Oh boy, here we go...

·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  ·