Ch. 23 ) Night of the Ball

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Finally, Thursday, the day of the ball, has come. It is now the afternoon, and students are preparing for the upcoming event. Becky and Anya are at the galleria in a boutique, shopping for new dresses.

Anya opens up the curtain of the dressing room, and walks out. "Is this dress cute on me?" The dress she had on was blue and silky.

Becky, who was sitting on a sofa chair, was watching Anya try on new dresses. "Aww! So many of these dresses look so pretty on you, Anya!!" She replies.

Anya turns around to the mirror behind her. She stares at her dress, wondering if it's the right one. "Do you think Sy-on boy would like it?"

Becky chuckled. "That boy would like anything you wear! You could be wearing a plain, white dress, and he would still go nuts for you!!"

Her comment causes Anya to blush a little. "Really?"

"Duh!!" Becky giggles. "You really don't gotta worry about if he'll like it or not. Butttt, maybe for this occasion you should pick something that will stand out."

She then stands up, and goes up to the dresses on display. "Hmmm..." Becky looks around some more, until she stumbles across a beautiful scarlet dress. "WOW!!! This could be the one!!" She quickly snatches one of the red dresses in Anya's size, and walks back to her.

"Try this on! I have a good feeling about it!!" Becky couldn't contain her excitement.

"Oki-doki!" Anya grabs the dress from Becky's hands, and goes back into the dressing room.

Becky sits back down on the sofa, waiting for Anya to come back out. She exhales. Aah, Anya is so luckyyy. After picking out the ring with Damian, he told me everything he had planned to do for her. Today will be a very special day for them, teehee!!!

Since there is a new moon today, Anya could not read minds. She finishes putting on the dress, and walks out again. "Is it cute??" She asks.

The dress was scarlet-red, that had sparkles which fade at the top. The length went just over her feet.

Becky gasps, covering her mouth. "Anyaaa!! You look so mature!!!"

"Mature?" Anya turns around towards the mirror. Her eyes widen, in love with the scarlet dress. "I LOVE IT!! I want this one!!!"

"Me too!! Damian will definitely be falling head over heals for you, it is said that red is the most attractive color." Becky says. "Oh, wait!!! I've been so busy trying to find a dress for you, that I forgot about me!!"

Becky ran over to the racks, and grabs a dress to try on. "I must make Bill fall for me! I'll be right back, Anya!" She went ahead to the dressing room next to Anya's.

Anya watched as Becky went in. "Okay, Becky!" She looked back at the mirror, admiring her dress. I hope Sy-on boy finds me cute. ... I wish Papa and Mama could also see me like this. The realization that her parents are still not around, causes her mood to drop.

As she was gazing at herself, Anya then finds something reflected on the mirror. She squints her eyes. Is that... Rain!!?

Rayne was in the background going through the dresses, until she realizes that Anya is staring at her through the mirror. Rayne smiles, walking up to her. "Hello, Anya! Shopping for dresses too?" She was holding a few shopping bags from other stores.

Anya turns around to Rayne, surprised. "Rain! You're here too?"

"Well, I have to buy a dress somewhere, right?" Rayne replies. She checks out the dress Anya is wearing. "That dress suits you nicely."