Ch. 16 ) School Trip

(This is part 1 of the Kyoto School Trip arc. Hope you all enjoy!)

────────── ·  ·  ·  · 

Results of the finals have finally came out, and students are looking at the rank board to find their score.

Damian is already there, looking up where his name is. I'm ranked 9th. Not bad, I guess.

Anya stares at her score, in shock. I already knew my score, since I read Papa's mind, but seeing it in person...

She notices Damian near by. The girl grins before running up to him. "SY-ON BOY!!!" She grabs his hand to hold it.

Damian freaks out, immediately pulling away from her. "W-what are you doing you IDIOT!!?"

Anya tilts her head, confused. "But, you held my hand before?" I thought it was okay.

Damian shook his head. "T-that time was an exception!! I just don't want people getting the wrong idea!"

Anya sighed. "Never mind then.." I like the warmth of his hands though. She views his score. "You got 9th!!"

The boy nodded. "Even after almost dying of exhaustion, I guess I did alright." He tried to find Anya's name. "What rank did you get?"

Anya made her iconic smirk at him. "I've got 49th place!!!" She puts her hands on her hips to assert dominance.

Damian was surprised by her performance. "Wow, you actually did well. How surprising, considering how stupid you are."

Anya smirked with pride, not even caring about what insults he say to her. "YES!! I did really well!"

She's so proud of herself for having such an average score. Damian thought. "Good for you."

Becky came over to Anya after looking at her results. "Great job, Anya!!" She praised her. "Guess this means we're all going to Kyoto, huh?"

Anya felt flattered. "Heh, thank you." She giggled, feeling good about her score.

Damian was confused. "I didn't know we were going to Kyoto. Where'd you hear that?" He asked Becky.

"Just a rumor I've heard, but I'm so exciteddd!! Kyoto is super pretty and romantic~ It's the perfect place for proposing to a girl!" Becky kept on gushing about Kyoto.

Damian's eyes took a quick glance at Anya.

Anya did not know much of Kyoto. "What's so special about it?" She was curious.

Becky was in disbelief by Anya's comment. "What's not special about it?? The clothes, food and buildings are all so amazingg!! You'll love it, Anya, I promise!"

Food!? Her interest was peaked. "I can't wait then!!!" Anya was feeling upbeat about the trip.

"Yeah, well you don't know if we're even going to Kyoto." Damian reminded Becky. "Anyways, we better start heading to class to pick our dorm groups." He suggested.

"Oh, that's right! Let's get going." Becky replied, being the first to walk ahead.

They all begin to walk towards Cecile classroom.

As they were walking, Anya suddenly hears a high pitched ringing in her head. W-what is this sound??

The noise sounded so loud, she thought her head might explode. "Aughh!!"

Damian turns around, noticing Anya's distress. "Hey!! Are you okay!?"

Anya covered her head, trying her best to block off the noise. "Y-yes, sorry!"